|Various Artists / Break In The Road|
|Album:||Break In The Road||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2006-03-05||Pull Date:||2006-05-07|
|Week Ending:||19 Mar||12 Mar|
|1.||Thu, 16 Mar 06:||The Dead Kenny-Gs|
The Baptism Bin
|2.||Tue, 07 Mar 06:||Sunshine|
|The Dead Kenny-Gs|
Break in the Road|
Eclectic sampler based beat oriented music. This is a benefit CD for victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, organized at the grass roots by members of the soulstrut.com record forums who donated tracks and artwork. The result is a very successful collection of tracks from established and up and coming producers, full of obscure samples. All proceeds from sale of this album will be donated to victims of Hurricanes Rita and Katrina, be sure to mention the collection's website: www.breakintheroad.org for more information.
1) **Sparse drum break with Katrina related news soundbites
2) **Blazing downtempo, layered with wordless vocal samples
3) **Acoustic guitar samples, slightly tense. Bonobo-esque
4) *Lively tempo, bass and handclap/drum break
5) **Hip hop with rhythmic cut 'n paste vocal sample
6) *Funky vocal loop about wine, lots of extra percussion layered in.
7) Eclectic mélange, mix of Indian percussion and Morricone like guitar, female vocals.
8) Downtempo, vibes and flowing echo-y vocal samples
9) *Female vocal R&B
10) **Cut and Paste and Turntablism and Mashup, putting Lil Troy over the drum heavy intro from Smokey Johnson's "It Ain't My Fault Pt. 1"
11) *Beats and cuts over 80s hair metal.
12) **Pretty dope dance floor electronica, more house-y than hip-hop
13) Hip-hop rhymes over mellow jazzy loop. FCC: repeated curses
14) *Scratchy, eerie downtempo beats
15) *Jazzy mid-tempo, Greyboy-esque
16) *Honking loop intro into a bass heavy down-tempo groove
17) **News clip samples to stoke your techno-paranoia
18) *Moody loops and vocal samples
Tom Purcell, March 2006