Rawkin cool retro-psyche rock as only can be released by Dionysus Records. Awesome mix of the usual suspects: Farfisa, Vox amps, Big Muff fuzz tones. But stops far short of becoming another psyche worship band as they take it to a raw swirling acid drenched level, especially with covers like “Pushin' Too Hard” and an incredible version of Syd Barretts (pink floyd) “Octopus”. The last song is an ode to drinking and driving and features the chorus “I hate cops!”. Special note: this band is related to The Seeds, is in fact a Sky Saxon project and the cd was recorded during the same sessions as the Seeds recent album. Highly recommended.
1) good unique rhythm and rockin, hip grinding Detroit feel
2) bouncy psyche
3) driving, with answer/call background vocs
4) psyche organ in front, very classic feeling
5) upbeat rockin, driving, raw
6) bouncy almost 2/4 upbeat rockin, fun stereo panned fuzzy guitar lead
8) bouncy farfisa organ really gives this an American Bandstand 1960’s feel
acid dirge cover of Syd Barrett classic “Octopus”, very echoey psyche and LSDripping
10) fun peppy ditty shifts into some evil psyche guitar dirge, then back again, cool
11) driving rocking version of Seeds’ “Pushin’ Too Hard”
12) holy shit: “I hate cops” “I like to drink and drive”, man ass tearing swinging mean rock with a rawer production. Beautiful!!!