|Instant Asshole / Straight Edge Failure|
|Album:||Straight Edge Failure||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Instant Asshole||Added:||Mar 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-05-28||Pull Date:||2006-07-30||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Jul 30||Jul 23||Jul 16||Jul 9||Jun 25||Jun 18||Jun 11||Jun 4|
|1.||Aug 25, 2010:||public noize racket |
Secret Wino Headquarters
|4.||May 10, 2008:||Cumstains Across Bloodstains |
|2.||Dec 12, 2009:||Scatterbrain Radio (feat. La Plebe LIVE!) |
Fucked Up Face
|5.||Apr 02, 2008:||Baptism of Solitude |
|3.||May 17, 2008:||Scatterbrain Radio |
|6.||Mar 15, 2008:||Scatterbrain Radio |
Bay Area hardcore punk band. This sounds like 80s hardcore without sounding like retro-worship. It’s fast, silly/serious, and raw but tight. John the Baker of Burnt Ramen fame sings, songs are short (the longest is 1:37) and the bay area sound is obvious. Think the DKs, MDC, and DRI. |
1. Speedy MDC sound.
**3. FCC. Great raw anti-war track but the chorus says Make Fuck over and over.
4. Bass intro, slower raw with some nice screaming. A few fucks.
5. Short, stop-start, gruff vocals.
**6. Reminds me of the Dead Kennedys with a slight surf guitar sound and whining vocals.
7. FCC Catchy with a couple “fuck you”s
8. Raw punk track about road rage.
**9. Classic MDC/DRI sound. Old school repeated lines. Spoken section in the middle…ah this rips.
10. FCC Silly silly.
**11. Slower with a like DKs sound about someone who starts killing because of satan.
12. FCC Quick with vocals way up front and again reminds me a lot of MDC and the DKs. Slow breakdown. Crap…a few bull shits and shut the fuck ups.
13. Quick spoken parts and speedy DKs guitar sound.
**14. Raw, slight Black Flag sound.
**15. Speeds up as the song goes along.
16. Live and catchy.
17. Intro to Slayer’s Black Magic for 23 seconds that fades out.
Great!!!! One of the best hardcore records I’ve heard in a while. -mph
|1.||7th Heaven||9.||Instant Asshole|
|2.||Our Time||10.||Fucked Up Face|
|5.||Ate My Rent||13.||The Final Straw|
|6.||Straight Edge Failure||14.||Secret Wino Headquarters|