|Psychic Ills / Dins|
|Label:||The Social Registry|
|Add Date:||2006-06-11||Pull Date:||2006-08-13|
|Week Ending:||6 Aug||23 Jul||16 Jul||2 Jul||25 Jun||18 Jun|
|1.||Tue, 16 Apr 13:||Emily|
|4.||Fri, 05 Sep 08:||KyleM|
|2.||Thu, 18 Jun 09:||Gears|
|5.||Tue, 01 Aug 06:||The Bawd Of Euphony|
Lick my moody guitar show
|3.||Tue, 14 Apr 09:||ROX|
Indie Flavored Kool-Aid
|6.||Wed, 19 Jul 06:||Your Imaginary Friend|
Dark, sparse, psychedelic rock. Lots of reverb. Male vocals. First LP from this NYC based 4-piece. Play with The Gris Gris, 13th Floor Elevators, Singapore Sling, The Mirrors. Many tracks blend into each other. A fantastic record. FCC clean. Start with 2, 4, 6.|
1. Sparse instrumental with tribal percussion.
==> 2. Long percussionless jam featuring harmonica. Gains drums and echoey vocals after 2+ minutes.
3. Spacey processed guitars. increasingly loud and threatening.
==> 4. Heavy beat, heavily psychedelic. Unrelenting and ultra cool.
5. Backwards tracked, feedback guitars plus backwards percussion. Instrumental.
==> 6. Driving, surfy beat. Dark & noisy instrumental to start... and becomes epic psych theme.
7. Very spacey feedback guitars and some screaming synth. Quiet tom-tom percussion section from middle to end.
8. Lush goodbye anthem with minor-key 1-4-5 chord structure and bells. Almost plodding... but too noisy for that. Ultra-echoey vox.
|2.||Electric Life||6.||I Knew My Name|
|4.||January Rain||8.||Another Day Another Night|