Dark, sparse, psychedelic rock. Lots of reverb. Male vocals. First LP from this NYC based 4-piece. Play with The Gris Gris, 13th Floor Elevators, Singapore Sling, The Mirrors. Many tracks blend into each other. A fantastic record. FCC clean. Start with 2, 4, 6.
1. Sparse instrumental with tribal percussion.
==> 2. Long percussionless jam featuring harmonica. Gains drums and echoey vocals after 2+ minutes.
3. Spacey processed guitars. increasingly loud and threatening.
==> 4. Heavy beat, heavily psychedelic. Unrelenting and ultra cool.
5. Backwards tracked, feedback guitars plus backwards percussion. Instrumental.
==> 6. Driving, surfy beat. Dark & noisy instrumental to start... and becomes epic psych theme.
7. Very spacey feedback guitars and some screaming synth. Quiet tom-tom percussion section from middle to end.
8. Lush goodbye anthem with minor-key 1-4-5 chord structure and bells. Almost plodding... but too noisy for that. Ultra-echoey vox.