|Amandine / This Is Where Our Hearts Collide|
|Album:||This Is Where Our Hearts Collide||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2007-04-01||Pull Date:||2007-06-03|
|Week Ending:||May 20||Apr 29||Apr 15|
|1.||Aug 05, 2007:||Multiple Personality Disorder |
|3.||Apr 26, 2007:||Finneman's Market |
|2.||May 17, 2007:||Finneman's Market |
|4.||Apr 12, 2007:||Finneman's Market |
Weary, broken-voiced S/SW folk pop with excellent texture from mixed instrumentation (incl. brass, strings, accordion.) Swaying, intimate feel throughout. All songs very similar in feel/sound.|
See also: Richard Buckner, Iron and Wine, Denison Witmer, Damien Jurado
FCC clean; Pick any, but my fav. are 4, 8, 2, 5, 11
1. 3:15 - Slightly building lilt.
*2. 3:47 - Piano waltz with beautiful, floating refrains.
3. 4:42 - Slow, with finger-picking and accordion. 41-sec out.
**4. 4:32 - Weary, earnest pop piece with piano and softly distorted guitar. 12-sec out.
*5. 3:22 - Close folk ballad with accordion.
6. 3:44 - More upbeat (low/mid energy) pop.
7. 3:18 - Low energy, opens and closes w/banjo.
**8. 4:44 - Beautiful, plaintive ballad. 6-sec. out.
9. 3:21 - Low/mid energy, guitar-focused S/SW feel.
10. 3:06 - Beautiful, dramatically mixed pop. Soft whooshes and drums fade in and out. Nice off-metric feel. Peters out.
*11. 5:38 - Low/mid energy. Offbeat guitar and droning accordion. Catchy and a trifle anthemic. Closes with brass vamp. Fades out.
|1.||For All The Marbles||6.||Over The Trenches|
|2.||Halo||7.||Fathers & Sons|
|5.||Blood & Marrow||10.||Easy Prey|