Two shamisen-playing brothers from Japan who dress like Samuri when they perform and who like to combine Wesern pop/rock/jazz with traditional Japanese music. On this release they also cover John Lennon and Brian Eno and play tribute to Ennio Morricone. All instrumentals except for #7, which features Cinjin Tate (ex Remy Zero) on vocals. Variously backed by string sections, guitars, drums & other musical help. Pretty cool stuff – check it out.
1. Big drums, mostly mid w/ slow bits. Lots of strings. Nicely epic.
*2. Cool blend of accordion/strings/perc. Sweeping w/varying tempos.
*3. Dueling shamisens! Uptempo, played like rock guitars. Very cool.
4. Jammin’ rock w/elec guit/keyboards/programming/strings. Up. Big.
*5. Cool country twang w/shamisens as banjos. Mid, great sound.
6. Starts w/a trad-taiko sound. Add lush strings. Slow soundtrack.
7. Depressed Eng lyrics. Downtempo rock-ish.
8. Tribute to Morricone. Various tempos, extra electrics. Kinda cool.
9. Sweet, romantic, but a bit sad. Downtempo w/elec guitar/bass.
10. Traditional taiko/shamisen/flute blend. Mostely midtempo.
11. Keyboards/bass. Soft, lyrical, nostalgic, downtempo.
*12. Cool shamisen jam. Mid/uptempo, wild variety of sounds.