|Namgyal, Karma Thinley / Jump Your Heart|
|Album:||Jump Your Heart||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Namgyal, Karma Thinley||Added:||04/2006|
|Add Date:||2006-08-20||Pull Date:||2006-10-22|
|Week Ending:||27 Aug|
|1.||Aug 21, 2006:||backpage |
Soft and Very soft folk tunes that would be right at home sung around a campfire among all the cliches of the genre. Lyrically, flower-children-spiritual and Tibetan themed tunes (Karma Thinley Namgyal's day job is as a hospice and prison chaplain, and CD sales benefit two Tibetan relief organizations.) Don't look here for art, just straight '60s folk, with a slight bit of an unfinished/amateur edge. FCC clean|
Picks: 1, 6, 9
*1. 5:08 Standard soft singer/songwriter folk tune.
2. 3:27 Narrative song with a plodding, cut-time children's song gait.
3. 0:29 Train sounds
4. 4:33 Piano with soft organ. Reminiscent of Peter, Paul, and Mary, complete with harmonies and tambourine on the last refrain. Cold start.
5. 2:11 Slow traditional folk guitar campfire song, refrain only 1x
*6. 3:12 Pretty standard tune with high falsetto refrain.
8. 3:20 New words to an old hymn tune, sung in an empty chorus with organ. Tune of Sine Nomine (For All The Saints)
*9. 3:46 Guitar/harmonica/tambourine folk.
10. 6:03 Another P.P.&M.ish ballad. Feels very long.
|1.||Bodhicitta||6.||Great Eastern Sun|
|2.||The Flight From Surmang||7.||Five Things|
|3.||Darjeeling To London||8.||Hymn|
|4.||Basket Of Melting||9.||Jump Your Heart|
|5.||I See A Goodness||10.||Dark Child|