|Yeshe / World CitiZen|
|Label:||Dog My Cat|
|Add Date:||2006-07-09||Pull Date:||2006-09-10||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||10 Sep||3 Sep||20 Aug||13 Aug||16 Jul|
|1.||Sep 05, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Aug 18, 2006:||Jewish Alternative |
|2.||Aug 29, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
No Woman No Cry
|5.||Aug 15, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Aug 19, 2006:||What's in the Icebox? |
|6.||Aug 08, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
A German wanderer who found his musical heart in Africa. He’s got a gruff but endearing voice and plays a fine mbira. On his first release the tracks include original compositions & traditional African songs, with a cover or two. Lots of good African percussion and a sweet female backing chorus, plus steel guitar and didgeridoo. No FCCs.|
*1. Downtempo at first, picks up. Lyrical. A good intro to his sound.
2. Relaxed, midtempo w/sweet use of chorus. Warm & lightly joyful.
3. Upbeat instr. for didgeridoo & perc. Slows a bit then picks back up.
*4. Lightly swaying Afro-reggae cover. Kinda sweet.
*5. Tight vocal harmonies, relaxed & relaxing. W/shakers & mbira.
6. Just perc for 1 min then voice joins in. Shakers/mbira, lowkey.
7. Slow intro, didgeridoo & perc pick things up. Midtempo instr.
8. Bright mbira, shakers, voice, good use of chorus. Down/midtempo.
9. Remix of #3 with a dancefloor beat. Not my favorite track…
|4.||No Woman No Cry||8.||Nema Musasa|