|Mongoloidian Glow / 40 And A Nog|
|Album:||40 And A Nog||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2006-07-09||Pull Date:||2006-09-10|
|Week Ending:||13 Aug||6 Aug||30 Jul||23 Jul||16 Jul|
|1.||Apr 10, 2009:||brick |
|4.||Aug 02, 2006:||Epic Soundtracks |
The Waiting Room
|2.||Aug 12, 2006:||Under the Radar |
Not Bad For Gibberish
|5.||Jul 26, 2006:||Brownian Motion |
|3.||Aug 05, 2006:||What's In the Icebox |
|6.||Jul 23, 2006:||Biff Bang Pow |
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Mongoloidian Glow is indie/post-punk female duo (guitar/drums) from Baltimore, MD. This is their second full length CD release. Dark, bitter, grey and industrially gloomy just like charm city itself. Only it grows on you before you realize it. Expect long drawn grooves of metallic dissonance coupled to eerie vocals with occasional outbursts of punk-rockiness and grrrl backing vocalisms. Challenging and gut-wrenching. Play with Sonic Youth, Sleater-Kinney, the Cure. |
Play: 4, 6, 8, 2, 7, 9
1. Slow/med tempo. Drony, grey and unfriendly. Dissonant grooves in minor.
2. Bouncy/dancy beats. About a girl masturbator. Cool Sleater-Kinney-ish vocal breakdown/transition half-way through the song.
3. Slow and distorto-apocalyptic vox.
4. This fucking rocks! Grrrl rock explosion. Mongoloidian Glow style.
5. Sullen, morose, depressing.
6. I love this. It’s like heavy Turkish coffee. Eerie verse is sung in unknown middle-eastern language (gibberish?), but Sonic Youth-ish chorus in English. Great riffs here and energy. Sonic Youth all the way.
7. Think the Cure. Drony, moody, slow/med tempo. Sweet backing vocals. Last minute of the song turns into explosive rocking groove.
8. Great cover of Lullaby. Yes… the Cure classic!
9. This track starts at 0:30. It’s one of my favorites in the CD. Explosive grrrl punk. However, “Vampire pussy” is repeated throughout. Is “pussy” FCCs?
|2.||Muffin||6.||Not Bad For Gibberish|
|3.||The Waiting Room||7.||The Crow|