|Paz, Suni / Bandera Mia - Songs Of Argentina|
|Album:||Bandera Mia - Songs Of Argentina||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2006-09-03||Pull Date:||2006-11-05||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||5 Nov||29 Oct||22 Oct||8 Oct||1 Oct||24 Sep||17 Sep||10 Sep|
|1.||Jan 04, 2017:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Oct 31, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Por Un Camino De Abrojos
|2.||Jul 26, 2007:||Rocky Johnson |
|5.||Oct 26, 2006:||Old New Borrowed & Blues |
Suendo De Barrilete
|3.||Nov 02, 2006:||Old New Borrowed & Blues |
|6.||Oct 24, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
She’s from Argentina (currently living in LA) with Creole/ Italian/ Catalonian roots. A veteran singer, songwriter, guitarist exploring Argentine folk music, including tango, zamba, chacarera, and other rhythms (read the informative notes for full disclosure). All fairly low key, just her voice & guitar, some light perc, flutes, bandoneon, backing vocals. She’s got a clear, warm alto and is a skilled Latin guitarist. Everything play-worthy, you can’t go wrong.|
1. Relaxed folk dance w/vocal duet & light perc. Sweet.
2. Bouncy w/great harmonies of strings & voices. So nice.
3. Deliciously, tragically romantic tango. Slow, soft, fragile.
4. Sweet, lazy blend of harp/guitar/vocals. Picks up a bit at end.
5. Spare, dramatic, indigenous sound. Solo drum/vox/pipes.
6. Bright & upbeat dance. Strings, pipes, claps, vox. Joyous & catchy
7. Slow and passionate w/a hint of reflection & nostalgia. Lovely.
8. Upbeat & light w/a sweet, tripping rhythm & melody.
9. Graceful vocal duet. Down/midtempo. Lots of harp action.
10. Modern tango w/emotional vocals & good strings/bandoneon.
11. Midtempo folk dance w/vocal duet. Nicely elegant.
12. Jingle bells in a Christmas song. Midtempo & bright.
13. Uptempo folk dance. Makes you wish you knew the steps. Lively
14. Lazy, watltz-like love song w/a simple but charming feeling.
15. Sad & dramatic w/dark vocal harmonies & melody.
16. Catchy, toe-tapping folk dance. Bright.
17. Midtempo & nicely melodic w/strong vocals/strings.