|Various Artists / Alberta: Wild Roses Northern Lights|
|Album:||Alberta: Wild Roses Northern Lights||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Jul 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-09-03||Pull Date:||2006-11-05||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Nov 5||Oct 29||Oct 22||Oct 15||Oct 8||Oct 1||Sep 24||Sep 17|
|1.||Feb 10, 2011:||Buford J. Sharkley's Bovine/Cowboy Ballads/Cantos |
I Turn Into A Cowboy
|4.||Oct 24, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Do You Know Slim Evans?
|2.||Nov 02, 2006:||Old New Borrowed & Blues |
Land Of The Shining Mountains
|5.||Oct 17, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Oct 31, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|6.||Oct 10, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemianh |
A typically good Smithsonian compilation. Artists from the province of Alberta. Everything from cowboy songs to Ukrainian choral music, Celtic fiddle tunes to First Nations and folk rock. An impressive variety of performers (including k.d. lang) and music. Mostly country/bluegrass/folk though. It’s all very good and I’d give each track one star. |
1. Starts slow, gets up. County, folksy, rock. Toe-tapping.
2. Cowboy harp into a twangy country.
3. Midtempo cowboy ballad. Nicely done.
4. Head-nodding bluegrassy twang. Yee-haw! Mid/up.
5. Mid, female harmonies, drums in Cree. Very cool.
6. Instrumental. Fast & slick Celtic/bluegrass fiddle/guitar.
7. Midtempo country w/warm male vox.
8. Hip rockabilly about drilling for oil.
9. Upbeat country swing, makes you want to dance.
10. Late night roadhouse electric county. Mid/up. Cool.
11. Drum circle into midtempo Native folk rock.
12. Wacky-fast Ukrainian polka w/an updated sound.
13. Starts slow, midtempo rock in French.
14. Twangy midtempo electric bluegrass w/fem vox.
15. Midtempo folk ballad w/Jim Croce-esque vocals.
16. A capella intro. Mid/up country folk - union story song.
17. Midtempo cowboy ode – nicely atmospheric.
18. Set of two Celtic reels. Very well played.
19. Downtempo folk ballad w/good male vox. Sad.