|Ali, Azam / Elysium For The Brave|
|Album:||Elysium For The Brave||Collection:||World|
|Label:||Six Degrees Records|
|Add Date:||2006-09-10||Pull Date:||2006-11-12||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||12 Nov||5 Nov||29 Oct||22 Oct||15 Oct||8 Oct||1 Oct||24 Sep|
|1.||Mar 13, 2017:||Happy Hour |
|4.||Jan 11, 2010:||Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC) |
|2.||Aug 30, 2012:||In Your Ear | Global Radio | Nancy Davenport |
I Am A Stranger In This World
|5.||Jul 03, 2009:||"In Your Ear ..." with Bug, be here? |
|3.||Nov 25, 2010:||Happy Hour |
|6.||Sep 07, 2008:||The Zikr |
To begin with, she’s got a stunning voice. In this release she sings mostly in English and it’s less worldly than her first release. But still continues to blend the past with the future. Here she adds trippy electronics & programming as well as traditional instruments such as tabla & ney flute. The result is a sort of electronic global dance floor beat infused with undeniable sensuality.|
1. Dark, spacey, midtempo electronica w/gorgeous vocals.
*2. Sexily cool Arabic-influenced midtempo groove.
3. Downtempo seduction with a late night in Cairo feeling.
*4. Strings & electronics back Persian lyrics. Starts slow, picks up.
5. Dark, midtempo electronica w/a decidedly Tori Amos sound.
6. Slow, spare, dark. Spookily atmospheric. Can lead right into #7.
*7. Midtempo w/haunting vocals & a chilly, dark sound. Picks up.
8. Slightly drone-ish vocals w/a sexy mid/uptempo beat.
9. Relaxed w/great vocals & a sly, dark melody.
|1.||Endless Reverie||5.||Forty One Ways|
|2.||Spring Arrives||6.||The Tryst|
|3.||In Other Worlds||7.||From Heaven To Dust|
|4.||Abode||8.||I Am A Stranger In This World|
|9.||In This Divide|