|Diabate, Toumani's Symmetric Orchestra / Boulevard De L'independance|
|Album:||Boulevard De L'independance||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Diabate, Toumani's Symmetric Orchestra||Added:||Jul 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-08-06||Pull Date:||2006-10-08||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 8||Oct 1||Sep 24||Sep 17||Sep 10||Sep 3||Aug 27||Aug 20|
|1.||Jan 24, 2019:||Grace and Jam |
|4.||Jun 17, 2011:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|2.||Apr 20, 2018:||Old Fart at Play |
|5.||Aug 10, 2010:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Oct 26, 2017:||No Cover, No Minimum |
|6.||Apr 24, 2009:||No Cover, No Minimum |
The Malian kora player and his pan-African band (elec. guitar, bass, drums, kora, balafon, brass) deliver a first-rate release (recorded in a two-week span of all-night sessions). Tracks range from Afro-salsa to traditional griot tracks w/a contemporary flair. Every track is worth playing. Seriously good stuff, pick a track at random and play.|
1. Upbeat Afro-funk w/sweet kora breaks & catchy energy.
2. Relaxed w/good use of chorus and strings. Light & lyrical.
3. Upbeat & driving Afro-funk w/lots of brass, perc.
4. Downtempo w/serious perc/claps, kora, vocals. Picks up later.
5. Hot Afro-salsa track with a “get up and dance” energy. Yow!
6. Midtempo w/nicely melodic strings & good vocals and flute.
7. Relaxed & lightly swaying w/some faster vocal bits.
8. Soft strings at first, keeps gaining power & speed. Very cool.
9. Big, brassy dance track. Upbeat w/lots of funky horns/perc.
|2.||Boulevard de l'Independance||6.||Wasso|
|3.||Ya Fama||7.||Mamadou Diaby|
|4.||Mali Sadio||8.||Tapha Niang|