|Various Artists / Funk Total! Brazil 2006|
|Album:||Funk Total! Brazil 2006||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2006-08-20||Pull Date:||2006-10-22||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||22 Oct||15 Oct||8 Oct||1 Oct||10 Sep||3 Sep||27 Aug|
|1.||Fri, 25 Oct 13:||Featherweight|
Fight or Flight
|4.||Thu, 25 Oct 12:||ETN|
|2.||Sat, 22 Jun 13:||Eme O|
|5.||Sat, 21 Jul 12:||ETN|
|3.||Wed, 12 Jun 13:||Megha|
|6.||Tue, 17 Jul 12:||Sunshine|
Sunshine . . . in the Afternoon
[coll]: Funk Total! Brazil 2006 (www.funktotal.com.br)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/5/06
Insanely funky beats constructed by utter nutheads in Brazil and posted for all the world to download. Cobbled together from all sorts of sources, and often involving utterly inept vocals, but with all the enthusiasm of any D.I.Y. movement. Eventually these guys are going to get professional and Brazilian funk won’t be nearly as much fun anymore, so get it now while the getting’s good!
No FCCs that I can understand, but some Brazilian words that sound a bit like em (especially the way they say “funk”…)
I like 14 best, with 3-5 and 7 and 15-17 are killer insane great…
1. *rather tinny beat, lots of extra vocalizations (many of which sound like FCC violations – they aren’t, but if you’re easily made nervous try another track…)
2. ***solid beat that sounds like handdrums, nice action in the bass track, woofy chorus. You’re gonna have to wiggle SOMETHING…
3. **crazed off-key female vocals, horns and electronics, UTTERLY funky.
4. ***topping the charts at www.funktotal.com.br, with a simply great beat.
5. ***another crazed female vocalist, this time with even more off-key metallic echo – but somehow it’s charming and unaffected.
6. **Hey, this guy can actually sing! Who let him in? nice rubber band bass track.
7. ***beat put together from all sorts of elements. Bits of mariachi singing, laughter, general mayhem.
8. *almost sounds like it’s gonna turn into baby elephant walk. Beeps and bongos.
9. **(he’s saying “funky” – don’t worry) electronic gunshots. Very fractured – beat doesn’t stick around the whole time. Lots of laughing, several voices. If it’s not the looniest track, it’s pretty close…
10. *beeps, nutty yelled male vocals, somewhat naughty sounding female gasps and “ay mi amou”… Not actually indecent as far as I can tell, but heading that way.
11. **lots of beeps and bloops and lyrics about “biggy biggy” – whatever he’s on about…
12. **lots of talk about funky stuff (also “ashita” – whatever that means. I don’t think it’s really talking about “shit”…)
13. **beat constructed from lots of elements, falls apart, but comes together way funky. Repetitive.
14. ****great female vocals, some video game noises, cool beat. It’s a hit!
15. ***completely nutted vocals, with some chick going “baby work it” in the background.
16. ***mutated kiddy vocals and laughter and a maniac rapper.
17. ***yelling and woofs and a seriously funky beat.
18. **beepy beat and fractured male and female vocals