|Noise Revival, The / To The Seven Curches In The Province Of Asia|
|Album:||To The Seven Curches In The Province Of Asia||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Noise Revival, The||Added:||08/2006|
|Add Date:||2006-09-10||Pull Date:||2006-11-12|
|Week Ending:||29 Oct||22 Oct||15 Oct||24 Sep|
|1.||Oct 24, 2006:||What's in the Ice Box? |
|3.||Oct 12, 2006:||Finneman's Market |
Lie N Die
|2.||Oct 17, 2006:||What's in the Ice Box? |
|4.||Sep 22, 2006:||Finneman's Market |
Smooth, compositional fuzz rock. Winding, upbeat ballads weave seamlessly between different tonal movements while urgent, distorted vox give a steady anchor to the meandering tunes. Lots of retro-sounding synths and consciously restrained guitar distortion keep the sound mellow and hopeful. Don't look for experimental schizophrenia here - the album is designed to be one coherent musical piece, and all tracks flow smoothly, both between their own sections and into one another (read: cold starts and stops throughout.) Reminiscent of Pink Floyd.|
FCC Clean, Play any track. (my picks: 7 and 9)
1. 1:05 Rock preacher intro
2. 5:19 Standard post-rock overture first 4:00, then a long decrescendo of swirling atmospheric record noise to transition.
3. 10:23 Soft/Mid energy. Spacey and impassioned mood rock epic. Carefully constructed instrumental sections maintain enough subtle musical shifts that keep the piece from dragging. 30-sec synth outro.
4. 11:37 Mid energy retro rocker. Similar to 3, with a less-catchy melody but more dynamic contrast and more varied composition. Particularly, softer softs, faster transitions, and longer atmospheric breaks. 1:10 tonal outro.
5. 6:25 Mechanical guitar intro, then softly urgent post-rock with some panicky vocal sections. Watch the outro transition to 6.
6. 5:30 Arena synth rock sound. Catchy and anthemic. Nice transition at 2:03 to pounding quasi-surf-rock section. Haunted mansion organ last 0:30.
*7. 3:42 Cleaner sound with prevalent organ eighth notes and lots of changes, including tempo ritards (whee.) Starry organ and orchestral drums last 1:00
8. 8:51 Epic theatrical ballad. Wandering gothic organ sounds mingle with pseudo-spiritual narrative rock dialogue. 1:37 muffled outro, with crescendoing transition to 9 last 0:51.
*9. 3:21 Swirling, upbeat rocker. Pretty, shimmering instrumental break at 1:20, ends with martial drum.
|1.||To The Seven Churches||5.||Lonely Road|
|2.||Good Job||6.||Don't Give Up The Fight|
|3.||Lie N Die||7.||Dragoon|
|4.||Revolution||8.||The Dungeon Of Versailles|