|Voices And Organs / Orphanage|
|Artist:||Voices And Organs||Added:||08/2006|
|Add Date:||2006-08-27||Pull Date:||2006-10-29|
|Week Ending:||29 Oct||22 Oct||15 Oct||24 Sep||17 Sep||10 Sep||3 Sep|
|1.||Sat, 10 Oct 09:||Eme O|
|4.||Thu, 12 Oct 06:||Rob|
|2.||Tue, 24 Oct 06:||The Bawd Of Euphony|
Lick my moody guitar show
|5.||Tue, 10 Oct 06:||The Bawd Of Euphony|
lick my moody guitar show
|3.||Thu, 19 Oct 06:||Rob|
|6.||Tue, 10 Oct 06:||Kristle|
What's in the Ice Box?
Wet, spooky lo-fi indie pop. Almost drone. Muttered, delicate vocals stay low in the mix under brooding instrumentation and softly crunching, urban sounding loops. If Ester Drang somehow awoke bleary-eyed in a Dickens novel, this is probably how it would sound. Or something. The music is a little to the left of blurry chamber pop, and throughout is very low-energy and pretty, with rich mixed instrumentation. Brings to mind the movie Eraserhead. See also Múm, The Album Leaf|
FCC Clean. Picks: 1-2, 4, 7, 9, 10, 12, 17
Note: most songs run together, with cold starts/stops throughout.
**1. 1:09 Great, though short, fuzzy melodic loop.
*2. 5:10 Low energy. Lazy piano intro, dissonant factory sounds under soft melody. Drooping vox. Shifts to swirly noise at 4:27.
3. 1:45 Fuzzy muttered song.
*4. 4:28 Hopeful/sad teeter a la Pink Floyd's "Goodbye Blue Sky". Wind sounds at 1:57, then transition to very low energy lo-fi piano and reeds.
5. 3:43 Great screechy intro into lo-fi piano dirge. Nice build with scratchy sound clips. Wandering vox.
6. 1:37 Plucked guitar; indie singer/songwriter ditty
*7. 3:38 Rubbing and crackling sounds under gently drifting melody. Slow transition to bubbly sounds by end
8. 3:21 Blurry, with abrupt transitions and echoey delay.
*9. 4:29 Slow, unique distorted horn (??) intro, then electronic drum ticking under reversed, bent instrumentation and very soft vox. Neat sound.
**10. 4:01 Dreamy, spooky intro and bouncy, sticky melody with simple, hollow percussion.
11. 5:21 Very low energy; slowly drifting and droning sounds.
**12. 4:40 Hollow, jazzy guitar. Childish and sunny.
13. 1:12 Industrial and urban crowd sound loops.
14. 0:54 Drone filler.
15. 2:23 Dripping reversed melodic loops and sounds
16. 2:32 Mashed-up drones and sound clips. Similar to 11. Noisy machine noise at end.
*17. 3:20 Lazy back porch melody with la dee da vox.
18. 2:24 Mournful, melodic anthem closer. Switches to soft drone 1/2 way through. Closes with chattering noise.