|Album:||Best Of: Original Eighteen, The||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||Wilson, Delroy||Added:||Aug 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-08-20||Pull Date:||2006-10-22||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 22||Oct 15||Oct 1||Sep 3||Aug 27|
|1.||Oct 20, 2018:||Hanging in the bone yard
Riding For A Fall
|4.||Dec 23, 2008:||Negro Thump Music
Riding For A Fall
|2.||Dec 29, 2011:||New World Disorder
True Believe In Love
|5.||Oct 02, 2007:||4 0clock socks
|3.||Aug 07, 2010:||New World Disorder
Run For Your Life
|6.||Oct 19, 2006:||press and release
I Don't Know Why
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/14/06
Rocksteady hits from the 60’s and 70’s by one of Reggae’s greatest singers, produced by Clement Dodd at Studio One, and mostly written by Wilson. Almost all were huge hits, and you can see why – the songs and delivery are just classic. Most tracks don’t have incredibly crisp sound, despite being remastered, but that maybe just adds to their “period” feel.
Humble yourself before the greatness that is Delroy Wilson!
No FCCs. Everything with three stars is manna from heaven.
1. ***Sweet and bouncy lover’s rock – a great hip-wiggler. Huge hit, and it’s easy to see why. Unfortunately a rather muddled-sounding master.
2. ***Great midtempo bounce, just a step this side of ska, really fun song. The b-side “version” is the second half of the song, with just snippets of vocals.
3. **slightly uptempo rock steady with upfront but simple bassline and fun high-pitched chorus.
4. ***Great downtempo rocksteady – almost spy movie music feel. Great piano bit. Killer cover of the Miracles classic.
5. **uptempo rocksteady, great singing
6. ***classic midtempo rocksteady – almost defines the genre. Fun instrumentation, great simple song. Includes the “version”.
7. **midtempo, great singing but definitely muddy sound.
8. ***midtempo rocksteady, great rude bwoy song. Killer!
9. **somewhat uptempo cover of Little Milton classic, duet with unnamed female singer.
10. ***cool snaky vibe, great defiant lyrics.
11. **midtempo chugging riddim, high pitched female chorus.
12. ***ska! Uptempo, sweet song, recorded when Wilson was 18 and sounds even younger. Great melodica solo…
13. **downtempo cool groove, very soulful. Includes “version”.
14. **downtempo rocksteady, sad, sad song.
15. **downtempo cool groove. Love song, includes “version” with extremely early example of dub.
16. **somewhat uptempo, roots reggae, subdued, vocals very much in the Burning Spear style of vocals.
17. **midtempo rocksteady cover of a rude bwoy ska classic.
18. ***sweet ska by very boyish sounding teenaged Delroy.
|1.||Riding For A Fall||10.||Conquer Me|
|2.||Run Run||11.||Someone's Gonna Cry|
|3.||Feel The Spirit||12.||It's Impossible|
|4.||Get Ready||13.||I Love You Madly|
|5.||Trouble Man||14.||Rain From The Skies|
|6.||True Believe In Love||15.||I Don't Know Why|
|7.||Ungrateful Baby||16.||Run Run #2|
|8.||Run For Your Life||17.||Easy Snappin'|
|9.||Gonna Make It||18.||One Last Kiss|