|Pink Mountaintops / Axis Of Evol|
|Album:||Axis Of Evol||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2007-01-14||Pull Date:||2007-03-18|
|Week Ending:||18 Mar||25 Feb||18 Feb||11 Feb||28 Jan||21 Jan|
|1.||Mon, 07 Jul 14:||Hervey Okkles|
Buford J. Sharkley Presents: As Told to Hervey Okkles
|4.||Thu, 22 Feb 07:||Riina & Murray|
|2.||Thu, 31 May 07:||Riina & Murray|
|5.||Sat, 17 Feb 07:||crisco jones|
press and release
|3.||Thu, 15 Mar 07:||Riina & Murray|
|6.||Thu, 15 Feb 07:||Riina & Murray|
Pink Mountaintops: “Axis of Evol”.|
Laid-back drug-rock with folk and blues tinges. Side project of Stephen McBean (Black Mountain). Uses the same bluesy vocals/fuzzed out guitar formula as Black Mountain. Mostly consistent feel throughout. Tracks tend to lock into a cool groove and stick with it while the vocals provide the variety. Tracks range from gentle soul to driving crunch. Bluesy, stoned vocals. FCC: #5
Play #6, 1, 7
1) 2:53 –Slow folksy repetitive plucking. Subdued, bluesy vocals.
2) 4:39 –rock. repetitive electric guitar riff. driving rhythm. White noise fades in and out. Walking bass.
3) 1:47 –starts paranoid single note melody. Distorted guitar and multiple vocals. Poppy, druggy rock.
4) 8:52 –slow vocals. repetitive, drawn out riff. Cool, psychedelic feel. Organ? goes on for a little too long…
5) 3:52 –blues feel. Acoustic guitar, with slow slide electric. Cool. FCC (shit).
6) 5:05 -Electronic beat, heavy guitar. Compressed vocals. Hymnal chorus. Awesome track.
7) 7:30 –slow folk ballad. Strung-out spirituality of desperation. Soft plucking. Peaceful.
|2.||Cold Criminals||5.||Plastic Man, You're The Devil|
|3.||New Drug Queens||6.||Lord, Let Us Shine|
|7.||How We Can Get Free|