|Loveletter Band, The / This World Be My Church|
|Album:||This World Be My Church||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Loveletter Band, The||Added:||Aug 2006|
|Label:||States Rights Records|
|Add Date:||2006-09-17||Pull Date:||2006-11-19|
|Week Ending:||Nov 5||Oct 29||Oct 22||Oct 15||Oct 1|
|1.||Nov 03, 2006:||Oh Man. |
Im Gonna Drink All Day, New Lover
|4.||Oct 17, 2006:||What's in the Ice Box? |
|2.||Oct 31, 2006:||What's in the Ice Box? |
|5.||Oct 14, 2006:||All Hands On Deck |
Im Gonna Drink All Day
|3.||Oct 26, 2006:||press and release |
|6.||Sep 26, 2006:||Finneman's Market |
Lo-fi, low energy singer/songwriter with pleasantly lucid, yet not awkward, lyrics. Mostly guitar and vox., with bits of alternate instrumentation and electronic sound experimentation. See also Dylan, The Mountain Goats, Richard Swift, Ponies in the Surf, and innumerable other tape-recorder songsters.|
FCC: 2, 10; Picks: 4, 6, 8
1. 1:23 Swelling tonal sounds with faint background shuffling.
2. 1:33 (FCC) Brief low energy tune with fun, though sad, diarytic lyrics.
3. 0:28 Brief, soft electronic keys. Like a wind chime.
*4. 2:57 Mid energy and plodding rhythm. Electric guitar and often-shouted, heavily overdriven vox. Last verse changes color with reeds and hopeful sound.
5. 1:31 60 Hz noise turning on and off underneath vamped key refrain.
*6. 3:12 Soft ballad. with upbeat guitar strumming and singsong melody. Nice blend of carefree and melancholy feels.
7. 1:26 Soft spoken words and harmonically bent piano sounds. Some scratches and sustained organ swell, then drums kick in last 0:10 to cold stop.
*8. 3:01 Simple picked guitar and banjo. Twirling, shrill theremin-like effects and some accordion in the breaks. No direction, but a great combination of sounds. 10-sec outro, goes straight to next track.
9. 0:18 Brief soundscape.
10. 3:33 (FCC) Mid energy. Nice Dylanish ditty. Closes with a vamped crowd/harmonica refrain.