|Mountain Goats, The / Get Lonely|
|Album:||Get Lonely||Collection:||Out for Review|
|Artist:||Mountain Goats, The||Added:||08/2006|
|Add Date:||2006-08-20||Pull Date:||2006-10-22|
|Week Ending:||22 Oct||15 Oct||8 Oct||24 Sep||10 Sep||3 Sep||27 Aug|
|1.||Sun, 30 Oct 11:||Stan Power|
Crooked Spoke Adjourned
|4.||Tue, 23 Nov 10:||Nick & Noah|
|2.||Tue, 06 Sep 11:||Hillstreet|
feelin' the music
|5.||Tue, 28 Sep 10:||Andy S|
|3.||Thu, 09 Jun 11:||dj noname|
|6.||Sat, 13 Mar 10:||Eduisa|
Umpteenth album from unique folky singer songwriter John Darnielle and co. If you’re looking for the fast and hard strummed guitar and almost-shouted vocals, you won’t find them here. This is largely subdued and soft-strummed and sung. Scott Solter (long time John Vanderslice right-hand man) produces this one and makes it sound nice, but not too inventive. The lyrics are still good; they’re just packaged in a different way. |
My picks: 4, 7, 9, 10
1. sparse ringing piano, light strummed guitar
2. light, rolling drums. Later light guitar and whispered vocals.
3. med-tempo light drums, light strummed guitar, xylophone later
4. med-slow, guitar and vox only at the beginning. Great string later in the song.
5. med- slow guitar strums. Dark strings and squeeks
6. medium tempo guitar strums. Strings in the background
7. medium tempo. guitar and strings. Large chunks without vocals
8. piano (low, block chords) and guitar.
9. med-fast guitar strums, bass and plucked cello.
10. brass and interesting drums. piano. organ.
11. med-slow. soft strummed guitar. cello. ringing guitar solo.
12. slightly upbeat, medium tempo. strummed guitar. ringing xylophone or bells.
|1.||Wild Sage||7.||In The Hidden Places|
|2.||New Monster Avenue||8.||Song For Lonely Giants|
|3.||Half Dead||9.||Woke Up New|
|4.||Get Lonely||10.||If You See Light|
|5.||Maybe Sprout Wings||11.||Cobra Tattoo|
|6.||Moon Over Goldsboro||12.||In Corolla|