|Beenie Man / Hundred Dollar Bag|
|Album:||Hundred Dollar Bag||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||Beenie Man||Added:||Aug 2006|
|Label:||Imc Music Ltd.|
|Add Date:||2006-08-27||Pull Date:||2006-10-29||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 29||Oct 22||Oct 15||Oct 8||Oct 1||Sep 17||Sep 10||Sep 3|
|1.||Jul 31, 2017:||Everything A to Z - Week 96 fea. Lle$ta T. & Plan Be |
|4.||Oct 25, 2006:||Morning Glory |
Hundred Dollar Bag
|2.||Aug 01, 2009:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Oct 24, 2006:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Aug 26, 2008:||RipRIdah Radio Pre show |
|6.||Oct 19, 2006:||press and release |
Beenie Man – Hundred Dollar Bag (IMC Music)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 8/18/06
Mostly dancehall riddims with a couple of more roots numbers from Jamaica’s premier dancehall DJ. Mostly the riddims are spare instrumentally and the toasting is three million words a minute.
No FCCs, although tracks 8 and 10 are rather iffy in terms of subject matter. I would avoid track 8, and 9 through 11 are nothing to shout about. The first 7 and last 2 cuts are the best, and 4 and 7 really fun.
1. ***Roots rock riddim, positive dancehall lyrics
2. ***fun duet with Leroy Sibbles with “Pass the Coatchie” riddim
3. ***bumpy dancehall riddim, lots of call and response.
4. ****Great electronic dancehall riddim
5. **bit of singing to the tune of Joni Mitchell’s “Parking Lot”, particularly nutted toasting.
6. **rather downtempo electronic dancehall riddim. More funny than dirty.
7. ****toast over cover of “Bring It Home To Me” and “It’s Now or Never” – lots of fun.
8. sparce riddim, rather random and nasty toasting. Avoid.
9. *sparce but rather more uptempo riddim, some bits in common with preceeding track, but less nasty.
10. Another sparce and uptempo dancehall beat, apparently about getting VD. Not actually FCC, but not much to write home about.
11. *bouncy dancehall riddim, lots of toasting
12. *another bouncy uptempo dancehall riddim and lots of toasting, but the words are more interesting than the previous few cuts.
13. *Sparce riddim, DJ boasting, shoutouts to all the Reggae DJs through the years.
14. **cool midtempo riddim, backing vocals, fun
15. ***uptempo roots rock riddim, great bass, cool toast. Sounds like his batteries ran down right at the end…
|1.||Boogie Down||8.||Weeping And Mourning|
|3.||Hundred Dollar Bag||10.||Miss Nadine|
|4.||Watch It||11.||Madeleine A Gwan|
|5.||Storm||12.||Got To Mek A Living|
|6.||Sleep With Me||13.||Dj King|
|7.||Going Away||14.||Moving On|