|Birds Of Prey / Weight Of The Wound|
|Album:||Weight Of The Wound||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Birds Of Prey||Added:||08/2006|
|Add Date:||2006-10-08||Pull Date:||2006-12-10||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||26 Nov||22 Oct||15 Oct|
|1.||Sat, 25 Nov 06:||Ragnar of Ravensfjord|
Bloodstains Across Atherton
|3.||Wed, 11 Oct 06:||mike|
Baptism of Solitude
|2.||Sat, 21 Oct 06:||metal dude|
Too Heavy For Titanium
BIRDS OF PREY – “Weight of the Wound” CD (Relapse)|
Between old death metal and hard rocking metal all with a slight southern rock twist. Death and Roll? Somewhat crude and simple but very heavy. A super group of sorts with members of ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY, BARONESS, AVIAL, and super drummer Dave Witte. Reminds me a bit of a slower SOLIENT GREEN or recent COC.
1. Slow and pummeling.
2. Slow and simple. Maybe too simple.
3. Faster headbanging metal that does remind me of COC. Doesn’t really go anywhere.
**4. More melodic but no less heavy.
5. Slow with a slight BLACK SABBATH sound. The riff is repeated too often. I don’t like the vocals either.
**6. Slow and abrasive. A bit more like BUZZOVEN but in the last half of the song they speed way up and thrash away for a bit, and then they play a big headbanging riff.
7. Doom. Slow, rough scratchy vocals but doesn’t do much.
**8. Faster, busier, and shorter.
**9. Basic metal riff.
10. Opens with a strange acoustic guitar sound into what almost sounds like black metal but eventually kicks a huge chugging sound. Angry.
Eh OK -mph