|Pinback / Nautical Antiques|
|Label:||Ace Fu Records|
|Add Date:||2006-10-08||Pull Date:||2006-12-10|
|Week Ending:||Dec 10||Dec 3||Nov 26||Nov 19||Nov 5||Oct 29||Oct 22||Oct 15|
|1.||Jun 02, 2009:||I once was Canadian |
|4.||Feb 14, 2007:||a sound escape |
|2.||Jul 01, 2008:||I once was Canadian |
|5.||Dec 08, 2006:||Final Week Booya |
|3.||Aug 16, 2007:||logic of love |
Anti-Hu, Versailes, Byzantine
|6.||Dec 05, 2006:||lick My Moody Guitar |
Sometimes dark art/ indie pop with some sampled elements, a b-sides and rarities collection. Has some repetitive/ slightly minimalist elements sometimes. Pinback really does have their own sound. Usually smooth/ subdued vocals over sometimes dark elements. Some songs make heavy use of the bass guitar; others are based around a piano. Songs are often based around a rhythmic groove of sorts. This is a highly listenable collection of songs. |
My picks: 2, 3
1. slow, but this is no ballad. intertwined bass and guitars. smooth (not like smooth jazz) vocals with harmonies
2. piano-based, in ¾. Really nice chorus.
3. medium tempo. bass-based. Drum machine percussion.
4. med-slow. bass-based. intermittent drums.
5. really slow. guitars and bass. Organ later.
6. medium tempo. piano-based with a bit of a groove.
7. med-fast. Starts drums then intertwined bass and guitars.
8. medium-tempo. guitar and bass groove with drums.
9. slow. bass-based groove with guitar and electric piano on top
10. full band version of #6
11. full band version of #1
|3.||Anti-Hu||8.||Concrete Seconds (Demo)|
|5.||Water Run||10.||Avignon (Full Band Version)|
|11.||Messenger (Full Band Version)|