|White Flight / White Flight|
|Label:||Range Life Records|
|Add Date:||2007-04-08||Pull Date:||2007-06-10|
|Week Ending:||20 May||29 Apr||15 Apr|
|1.||May 18, 2007:||Something about music |
|4.||Apr 12, 2007:||Fiction Romance |
|2.||Apr 28, 2007:||Biff Bang Pow |
|5.||Apr 12, 2007:||Finneman's Market |
Superconductor, Song For Augustine Pt.2
|3.||Apr 14, 2007:||where has my little dog gone? |
White Flight: S/T|
Fun pop w/electronic experimentalism and some rock (insert says “post-pop”, wtv that means). Project of Justin Roelofs of the Anniversary. Gratuitous Isaac Brock-ish wavery vocals, with just enough of a touch of sadness to make them funky. Beckesque mix of faux-funk, w/snazzy hip-hop ish percussion. Lots of electronic samples and beats and vocal warbling going on at once. Quality pop at times..kinda sugary w/contrived swagger, but still fun. Starts upbeat on a sugar high, then takes a nap in later tracks as the high-fructose corn syrup wears off, before waking up at very end. Play #2, 1, 12. Fcc clean.
1) 2:19 -sounds like ‘Jerk It Out’ by the Caesars (remember those iPod commercials?), but if Isaac Brock showed up, and w/ harmonica. Guilty pleasure. Kicks in 1:15.
2) 3:42 – almost seamless transition from last song. Driving beat, hand claps, quick strumming, cool vocals.
3) 3:06 –bluesy. Strumming, tambourine taps. Kicks in around 2:16; over by 0:50.
4) 3:09 –starts w/juvenile organ melody. Fun eltro-pop. Ends distorted.
5) 1:08- background sample of grainy kung-fu movie soundtrack, with minimal singing on top. Bleeds into next track
6) 3:33 – (relatively) darker. Cool drumming and samples.
7) 2:47 –pensive bluesy strumming. Kicks up with synth trumpets and backbeat.
8) 4:02 – starts w/ quiet percussion. Muted, vox outburst, annoying, directionless swellings/needless tempo changes. Some organ + prepared vox. Loungey. Weak-sauce. I can fathom neither what this song is trying to be, nor where it is pretending to go.
9) 2:43 – bleeds from previous track. Hip-hop percussion + piano. a little funk.
10) 2:34 – starts with lo-fi mandolin(?) strumming, before break-beat shows up. Some scratching + noise (beastie-boys?).
11) 4:53 – intense strumming + cricket noises. distorted demonic vox. Gets steadier at 1:52, becoming jazzy. Random noises…organs, trumpets. Normal vox near end.
12) 2:19 –pensive strumming, compressed reverby vox. Bleeds into next track…play this going into #13.
13) 3:58 - starts suddenly from previous track. Upbeat, cool percussion; foreign language radio samples. Vox enters @ 1:12. Dark attitude, off-harmony. Cool guitar 1:15 from end.
|4.||The Condition||10.||Great Gold|
|5.||Galactic Seed||11.||The Secret Sound|
|6.||Timeshaker||12.||Song For Augustine Pt.2|