|Davignon, Matt / Softwetfish|
|Add Date:||2006-09-24||Pull Date:||2006-11-26||Charts:||Classical/Experimental|
|Week Ending:||12 Nov||22 Oct||15 Oct||8 Oct||1 Oct|
|1.||Sep 05, 2009:||Music Casserole [lost & found edition] |
|4.||Aug 03, 2007:||Memory Select |
Sculpture By Erosion
|2.||Jan 04, 2008:||Memory Select |
A Mistake/Some Held Breaths
|5.||Jan 27, 2007:||Cognitive Overload (noise special) |
A Warehouse Collapses In Reverse
|3.||Sep 19, 2007:||Day of Difficulty |
Lying In Grass, Gazing Upwards At 11:30pm
|6.||Nov 10, 2006:||Carrots & Sticks...But Mostly Sticks |
Sculpture By Erosion
Experimental electro-acoustic. Very unique. Like electronic fishies swimming in your ears and robotic worms massaging your insides. Not new age, academic, nor straight-up electronica. Most tracks are slow and soft, some more tense. All intriguing. Lots of “wet” sounds indeed. Bay area composer! More info on his website: http://www.ribosomemusic.com/index.html Favs 2, 6, 12.|
1. Manipulated night scape – crickets, a river, frogs… Beautiful pitch bending.
*2. More electronic-sounding. A crackly noise persists throughout, a synthesizer yawn sound, and some drippy swirly stuff. Beautiful.
3. Noisy. Lots of different complicated rhythms/sounds going on at once.
4. Beautiful shimmery water – title "Organelles" – sounds like they’re doing a ballet :)
5. Melodic somehow, more of a song, with clearer separate sounds. Slow and looping beat.
*6. Tiny clicky/fluttery sounds under tense tones and what sounds like a sampled timpani that keeps changing pitch. Breathy sound added last two minutes. Blends into next track.
7. Breathy sounds that fade in and out quickly, tabla sound, gets more clustered/dense towards the end, more percussion added.
8. Fuller – fast fluttery beats under/over drones.
9. 25 seconds. Ha, like flipping channels between sound cameras that monitor various bodily processes.
10. Subtle heart-beat/deep wave sounds, under skittery electronic beats. Also what sounds like a tiny xylophone played with hyper-speed mallets.
11. Fitting title – “Sculpture by Erosion” – tiny beats all on top of each other softly machine-gunning away, with a few strange sound-creatures popping up including – whoa! Nintendo sounds, which are surprising here – this CD rocks!
**12. Ha, funny – breath sounds, whistling, and a gentle machine gun!
13. Again tiny fluttery beats – a return to the first track with the night-time nature scape sound.