Take 2 harmonicas, a tuba, drums, guitar, trumpet & sax, toss in Huun Huur Tuu, a marimba, a whisky-voiced singer with the soul of a Mississippi blues icon, and you’ve got something truly unique. Fun, fabulous, funky and hard to pin down. Part delta blues, part New Orleans jazz, part world music festival, part gypsy caravan. Love it!!! One star (at least) each track. This is impossibly fun music.
1. Juke joint blues classic w/an almost reggae beat. Mid/up. Yow.
2. Wicked cool midtempo blues w/Tuvan throat singing.
3. Wacky mid/up oom-pah jazz w/recorded text. Strangely cool.
4. Solo guitar in a cool, tinny bluesy jam. Midtempo & too short.
5. Relaxed mid/uptempo swamp blues. Cool harp/vox.
6. Soulful harp/guitar then cimbalom. Mid, instr w/hint of Asia.
7. Great blend of harp/horns, midtempo & jazzy w/cool N.O. vocals.
8. Lowdown blues w/throat singing, an Asian flair & hip tubas.
9. Serious blues harp solo. Midtempo, driving, way cool.
10. Relaxed & quirky with New Orleans brothel/pancake house feel.
11. Quiet, midtempo solo guitar w/an oldtime scratchy sound. Short.
12. Starts slow gets into a wacky, knee-slapping, yee-hawing jam.
13. Mostly mid instr jam, part Hawaii, part Araba, part bayou.
14. 11-minute epic. Lowdown blues w/harp/vox/throat singing.
15. 15-second telephone message, your ticket is ready for pick-up.