|Funky C / Joya|
|Artist:||Funky C||Added:||Oct 2006|
|Label:||Universal Music Latino|
|Add Date:||2006-11-19||Pull Date:||2007-01-21||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Jan 21||Jan 14||Jan 7||Dec 31||Dec 24||Dec 17||Dec 10||Dec 3|
|1.||Aug 29, 2019:||Global Ginga with Kim |
|4.||Aug 11, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Dec 23, 2009:||Getting Over ... the Hump! |
|5.||Jul 28, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|3.||Aug 25, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Jan 20, 2007:||New World Disorder |
C-Funk – Joya (Universal Music SA)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/26/06
Funk en Espanol! Mostly classic 70’s-style funk, all tasty and great beats, with just a bit of Latin touch apart from the vocals. There used to be a hip hop guy from around here called C-Funk, but this dude is from Santiago, Chile. He uses every funk cliché in the book, but it sounds GREAT. I’m a sucker for the beat, what can I say.
All in Spanish. No FCCs that I know of. Most songs are fantastic.
1. **Beats ‘n’ bongs, funky slightly uptempo hip wiggler. Too short…
2. ***Guitar and horns-based midtempo Latin funk with bits of hip hop.
3. ****Uptempo old-school-style funk, great sound.
4. ****Uptempo, elements of 70’s funk but with a definitely Latin groove. A bit of a relaxed feel, even while it’s definitely fast and funky. So good it’s scary.
5. ****Downtempo with major gobs of P-funk in the mix. Go on, you KNOW you wanna dance. Don’t fight the feeling! False ending in middle.
6. **Midtempo with goofy noises and pop vocals. Mellows to a cute pop groove.
7. *downtempo smooth jazzy poppy funk.
8. ***midtempo hip hop vibe, rather reggaeton-style vocals and aggressive guitar
9. *talking and beats
10. ***breathing and beat intro, very minimalist downtempo groove building into nice danceable beat, again reggaeton-style vocals.
11. ****midtempo funky funk, a bit relaxed but groovy. Great noise!
12. **midtempo, definitely channeling Shaft. Watch that bass!
13. ****midtempo, relaxed, but got some Kool and the Gang, or at least Average White Band, happening…
14. *uptempo smooth jazzy keyboards, pure cheese!
15. **somewhat uptempo, channeling Shaft again, smooth female chorus, a bit of reggaeton and a bit of pop. It should suck, but it doesn’t…
|2.||Standalone Mode||9.||Saludos A Espana|
|5.||Actitud||12.||Viviendo El Dia|
|7.||Sueltate Sobre Mi||14.||Accion Skit|