|Various Artists / Global Rhythm: November 2006|
|Album:||Global Rhythm: November 2006||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2006-10-29||Pull Date:||2006-12-31||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||31 Dec||17 Dec||3 Dec||12 Nov||5 Nov|
|1.||Aug 04, 2014:||Global Rhythm |
|4.||Dec 28, 2006:||Old New Borrowed & Blues |
|2.||Jul 21, 2014:||Global Rhythm |
|5.||Dec 26, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Apr 14, 2009:||Everyday Commotion |
Dirty Old Town
|6.||Dec 14, 2006:||beat.net chapter 55.0: cognitive underload |
Flora Y Fauna
[coll:] Global Rhythm: November, 2006|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/16/06
Eclectic collection of music from all over.
No FCCs, first half is best. I absolutely HATE the last two songs, but that’s just me – some of you will eat em up like candy…
1. **starts with a kid introducing himself. Midtempo reggae shuffle-bop with horns. Rather silly white-boy lyrics, but the music is nice.
2. **Uptempo, energetic samba with nice male Brazilian vocals.
3. ***Classic Pogues number, slightly downtempo waltz with Irish trad instruments, gritty lyrics/vocals.
4. *beautiful downtempo guitar and acoustic bass, pretty female vocals, cover of Eurythmics hit. Don’t know that the combo works,.
5. **African stringed instruments, minimal rhythm for first 40 seconds, but very pretty. Male vocals, harmonies.
6. **Very traditional Arab/Andalusian music, downtempo, sweet, mostly stringed instruments, pretty female vocals. Nice doumbek solo for last minute or so.
7. Stringed instruments, gaining momentum for first minute. Very extemporized, no beat or vocals.
8. Semi-natural noises and tinny beat, then a sort of mellow samba feel. Electronica, with bit of Asian strings, no vocals.
9. *Slow cumbia with pan pipes and female vocals. Very rootsy.
10. Very slow and downbeat American folk, male vocals. Beautiful acoustic guitar solo and a tiny bit of electric guitar.
11. Midtempo acoustic folk with terribly earnest male vocals, MUCH too long. I really want to beat the fuck out of this loser.
12. Very slow folk love song with bagpipes, penny whiste, female vocals. God, it’s 5 minutes and it’s still going on… please end…