|Diabate, Mamadou / Heritage|
|Add Date:||2007-01-14||Pull Date:||2007-03-18||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||18 Feb||11 Feb||4 Feb||28 Jan||21 Jan|
|1.||Jan 23, 2012:||Afro Beats |
|4.||Mar 13, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Aug 31, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude (extended remix) |
|5.||Mar 10, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|3.||Mar 18, 2007:||surprise |
|6.||Feb 28, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
One of the undisputed Malian kora (21-string harp) masters. He’s fabulously gifted and truly poetic. Here joined on various tracks by guitar, balafon, percussion, bass). All instrumentals, expertly played and warm. Even in the slow tracks, there is joy. He lives in the US now, and the influence of American jazz is obvious, but not jarring.|
*1. Happy, bright, w/a sweet jazzy guitar flair for extra yummyness.
2. Midtempo & hopeful w/a happy balafon bounce & great kora work.
*3. Starts mid, gets uptempo w/fast, fiery kora work.
4. Slower, an homage to AIDS orphans in Africa. Sweet, sad, lovely.
*5. Guitar intro, midtempo. Lyrical w/great interplay between strings.
6. Just kora & bass, relaxed, almost lazy, but pretty.
*7. Tripping balafon, busy strings, cool perc. Upbeat & so good.
8. Mid/uptempo love song w/jazz guitar & sweet strings.
9. A fairly traditional sound w/bright, upbeat strings & solid playing.
*10. Sweet, midtempo w/bluesy guitar & a light, playful air.
*11. Tight arrangement, great playing from all, mid/uptempo.
*12. Solo kora. Midtempo, a true tour-de-force. Bravo.