|Various Artists / Radio Latino|
|Label:||Putumayo World Music|
|Add Date:||2006-10-29||Pull Date:||2006-12-31||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||31 Dec||3 Dec||26 Nov||19 Nov||12 Nov||5 Nov|
|1.||Jul 15, 2019:||Global Ginga |
Mulatica Mia, Por Esos Mares
|4.||Sep 08, 2011:||Summertime Sunshine (Full Moon) |
|2.||May 11, 2019:||The Acupuncture Hour |
|5.||Dec 26, 2006:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|3.||Nov 16, 2016:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Viento Y Tiempo
|6.||Nov 29, 2006:||Morning Glory |
[coll]: Radio Latino (Putamayo)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/22/06
Putamayo collection of Latin pop. Much of it is very sweet-poppy or smooth-jazzy, but it’s all got a great beat (no surprise there!)
No FCCs detected. Track 9’s best in my book.
1. **sweet Venezuelan guitar, downtempo very swingy groove, strong female vocals.
2. * (Spain) very smooth and mellow groove – with great male vocals. a bit of rap in English. The Cuban beat keeps it just this side of elevator jazz.
3. (Spain) Extremely sweet, almost childlike female vocals, acoustic guitar. Nice downtempo loping beat.
4. ***(Uruguay) a bit downtempo and swingy, but with really fun synth touches. Sweet tenor male vocals.
5. **(Cuba) very downbeat, relaxed groove, sweet male singing and tough male rapping. This must be the sweet-poppiest thing the Orishas have ever done.
6. ***(Cuba) midtempo, hip-swinging salsa groove. Male vocals and big chorus.
7. ***(Spain) midtempo, great percussion, pretty female vocals. Elements of flamenco, Caribbean, funk – but still very poppy and sweet.
8. ***(Cuba) midtempo cha cha, strong male vocals. Irresistible beat.
9. ****(Argentina) midtempo Latin reggae with great drums, male vocals.
10. *(US) jazzy flutes and scratching – interesting mix. Very downtempo and relaxed with strings, jazzy-funky beat, male vocals.
11. ***(Cuba/US) upbeat riddim but relaxed strings. Male vocals and a lot of orchestration and other elements in the mix – fat sound.