|Album:||Meets Jacob Miller In A Tenement Yard||Collection:||Reggae|
|Artist:||King Tubby||Added:||Oct 2006|
|Add Date:||2006-10-22||Pull Date:||2006-12-24||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Dec 24||Dec 17||Dec 3||Nov 26||Nov 12||Nov 5||Oct 29|
|1.||May 26, 2010:||Sunshine ... in the Afternoon
Dub Has Come Again
|4.||Dec 19, 2006:||New World Disorder
Lick Week Dub
|2.||Feb 08, 2008:||6ft underground
Judgement Yard Dub
|5.||Dec 13, 2006:||Eranmuke Datsuzaka... HAI! (some wave)
Jah Jah Land Dub
|3.||Dec 20, 2006:||Play This Only At Night
Judgement Yard Dub
|6.||Dec 12, 2006:||Carrots & Sticks... But Mostly Sticks
Ghetto On Fire (Dangerous Version)
Reviewed by Sadie O., 10/18/06
Dub versions of classic tracks by Inner Circle when it was fronted by the incomparable Jacob Miller. Remastered from a single copy of the original dub album mixed by King Tubby, so it’s not perfect sound, but it’s still amazing stuff from the roots of dub in the mid 70’s. Backing tracks originally by the Soul Syndicate, dub overlaid with synth by Bernard “Touter” Harvey. Grab a spliff and light up any track.
No vocals (except 13), so no FCCs. It’s all classic dub, all good.
1. 3:15 **starts with beeps, then midtempo stepping razor riddim with lots of dubby noises. Hints of 70’s funk.
2. 3:16 **midtempo with lots of squeepy noises. Rhythm section is a bit muffled and gets dubbed in and out, but it’s a nice jaunty riddim.
3. 3:07 **midtempo, more wild noises. Odd ending.
4. 2:41 **a bit downtempo, relaxed groove. Long fade.
5. 3:04 ***Such a great song… Makes for a great dub!
6. 2:55 **way downtempo and downbeat, subdued, very stoned.
7. 3:29 ***downtempo and way squonky. Donald Duck on parade!
8. 3:25 **midtempo
9. 3:07 **downtempo, nice bass line
10. 3:11 **very downtempo and rubber band-y (the CD gets stoned-er as it goes on..)
11. 3:30 ***weirdest synth lines ever…
12. 3:42 ***downtempo, bells bells bells… HEAVY dub…
13. 3:35 **slight bit of vocals! “Oh yeah-eee” – but hey… Wait! There’s more! Two lines worth! Yay!
14. 3:30 **the dangerous version of track 12 (no bells, still heavy.)