Southern Lord Records
Japanese noise/doom metal w/ some shoegaze and black sabbath hard rock.
thrash, with bluesy melody lines. vocals often low in the mix. heavy, but
delicate stuff mixed with aggressive and fast riffs. songs are consistently
good, but a little redundant at times. the most rewarding parts seem to be
when tone departs from thrash/doom metal. no FCCs (that I could hear). play
#1, 8, 5, 4, 3.
1) 7:33 - beautiful shoegaze piece. loud, heavy, atmospheric, slow.
wonderful. inconsistent with album's tone, but most worth playing.
2) 4:20 - hard rock/metal. fast, heavy guitar riffs.
3) 2:38 - hard rock. similar to #2. almost punk.
4) 2:18 - noisy metal. upbeat. white noise ending.
5) 4:49 - doom metal. atmospheric, slow, bad-ass. mumbling.
at 1:40. ends with long feedback tone.
6) 1:44 - metal rocker. upbeat. melodic. instrumental thrash.
7) 4:30 - more emphasis on lyrics. fast. cool, melodic riffs. white noise
8) 4:22 - bluesy, melodic, riff. black sabbath. slower. cool, moaning vocals. sick stuff.
9) 2:53 - aggressive drumming, brooding, frothing fuzz. fast. howling solo.
10) 2:01 - slow, quiet, atmospheric intrumental.
11) 18:14 - starts w/ loud, fast thrash. cool solos. long, epic structures
fill piece. slows/quiets down around 11:30. skips a little around 11-10:00
(maybe i just used a faulty player)? slowly morphs into droning, violent
white noise, w/ some plucking low in mix.