|Mika Miko / C.Y.S.L.A.B.F.|
|Label:||Kill Rock Stars|
|Add Date:||2006-11-12||Pull Date:||2007-01-14|
|Week Ending:||14 Jan||7 Jan||31 Dec||24 Dec||17 Dec||3 Dec||26 Nov||19 Nov|
|1.||Wed, 09 Oct 13:||glu|
|4.||Sun, 10 Jul 11:||eejn|
lost and found
|2.||Sat, 22 Sep 12:||glu|
Feral Pop Frenzy
|5.||Sat, 21 May 11:||D. Cannibal|
Overkill Radio: Welcome, Rapture!
|3.||Sat, 04 Feb 12:||glu|
Feral Pop Frenzy
|6.||Wed, 08 Aug 07:||joannas|
Where the Girls Are
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
ONE OF THE BEST PUNK RECORDS OF THE DECADE! Barely 19 years old and straight out of high school, these LA-based ladies have turned the clocks back to 1980. An album of seminal proportions. Meet the self-proclaimed sound of “pony thrash”. Frenetic, in your face, stripped down garage-punk with irresistibly dance-y bass lines, orgasmically piercing guitar riffs, balls-out Keith Moon-esque drumming, and the most riled up screamo grrrl vocal interplays since Kathleen Hanna’s good ole days. Think the Slits, Delta 5, the Rondelles, Bikini Kill, Reagan Youth, Bratmobile and Wire in one package. C.Y.S.L.A.B.F. is the history of punk revisited in thirteen 90-second gems. Absolutely riveting! |
Play: 11, 2, 6, 4, 9, 7, 10
1. Slashy, sonic and in your face!
2. No-wavy, dancy. Think early Numbers.
4. Funny “My-sharona” bass-drum lines.
5. Straight-up 80s hard-core/punk.
6. Piercing guitar riffs... mesmerizing vocals. 7. Wire-sque guitars and garagy organ.
8. Frenetic. Vocally paroxysmic.
9. Groovy, sinister, commanding, pogo-ing.
10. Vocally chaotic; killer garagy guitar riffs and booming bass.
11. No wavy saxophone; post-punky. Fucking brilliant!
12. Med tempo; solemn.
|1.||Take It Serious||7.||Tighty Liberace|
|3.||See You There||9.||Business Cats|
|4.||Jogging Song (He's Your Mr. Right)||10.||Chron Liar|
|5.||End Of Time||11.||Don't Shake It Off|
|6.||The Dress||12.||I Don't Kike Your Widows Peak|
|13.||Oh, Head Spin!|