|Beenie Man / Live In San Francisco|
|Album:||Live In San Francisco||Collection:||Reggae|
|Add Date:||2006-11-19||Pull Date:||2007-01-21||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||7 Jan||31 Dec||24 Dec||17 Dec||3 Dec||26 Nov|
|1.||Nov 06, 2017:||Everything A to Z Week 109 |
Murderer, Burn Di Chronic, Freedom, Heaven Vs. Hell, Blessed, Gimme Da Gal, Badman, Intro
|4.||Dec 22, 2006:||Nightmares |
|2.||Jan 02, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|5.||Dec 20, 2006:||Play This Only At Night |
|3.||Dec 26, 2006:||New World Disorder |
|6.||Dec 19, 2006:||New World Disorder |
Haters & Fools
Beenie Man – Live in San Francisco|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 11/18/06
Top dancehall rapper live at the Maritime Hall (don’t know the date). Songs run together, which is a good thing because they’re mostly quite short. However, if you put them on continuous play, beware of the FCCs on tracks 11, 13,18, and “nigga” on tracks 1, 13, 17, 19, 24. Music is often very minimalist and disjointed, nonetheless interesting, and Beenie Man is a truly manic rapper. I like 14, 19 and 22 best.
1. *short spoken intro, downtempo minimalist skank with cool noises. A few uses of “nigga”, and echo of “this” sounds just like “shit” – ha!
2. *Live sounds, odd noises, and intro of Beenie Man (includes shout out to San Francisco)
3. ***rather uptempo dancehall bounce – undecipherable lyrics, but fun sound. Bit of rock and roll piano near end.
4. **somewhat uptempo, backing vocals are a bit muffled, but fun song with nice harmonies.
5. ***lots of upful toasting, midtempo dancehall skank although music is very minimal, but lyrics are strong.
6. *anti-modernism Rasta lecture with occasional bass and guitar.
7. **minimalist midtempo skank – mostly crazed Rasta preaching.
8. *** lots more nutted dancehall toasting, slightly uptempo skank.
9. ** Machine-gun drums, doomful lyrics. Downtempo, dubby skank.
10. *odd uptempo then midtempo exchange.
11. FCC - “fuckin’ fool.” Not the best cut, anyway.
12. *crazed, rambling, short. Interesting enough…
13. FCC – “fuckin” nonsense vocals intro, “niggas wanna kill me for my bitches”
14. ***Spoken hyperspeed rant, crazed but short
15. *midtempo, music craps out and comes back – seems to be random bits of different songs
16. ****uptempo soca, fun music, all about Carnival. Ends with the old MGM movie trumpet flourish – nuts!
17. ***midtempo and a bit random dancehall – fun song, but uses “nigga”.
18. FCC - “Fuck” right at end. quirky intro, the music cuts out for Rasta preaching.
19. ***Minimalist music, downtempo and downbeat. Live version of track 1 – uses “niggas” occasionally, but serious stuff.
20. ****electronica intro, highspeed guitar plucking, nonsense lyrics,
21. ***fake sitar, midtempo dancehall
22. ****toy piano and midtempo skank, nutted rap. Bit of Bob Marley cover, although lord knows Beenie can’t sing… ends with Rasta prayer.
23. ***nice keyboard intro, minimalist midtempo beat, audience interaction, odd song, lots of crazy bits, wacky ending.
24. **uptempo oddball riddim, hyperactive rap, occasional “nigga”.
|1.||Haters & Fools (Remix)||13.||Ain't Going Out Like That|
|3.||Badman||15.||A No Like We|
|4.||Gimme Da Gal||16.||Carnival|
|5.||Blessed||17.||Girls Dem Sugar|
|6.||Heaven Vs. Hell||18.||Look Into My Eyes|
|7.||Freedom||19.||Haters & Fools|
|8.||Burn Di Chronic||20.||Has The World Gone Mad|
|10.||Tell Me||22.||Send Dem|
|11.||Fire Burn||23.||Gun Shot|
|12.||Everything||24.||Girls Dem Sugar|