|Our Brother The Native / Tooth And Claws|
|Album:||Tooth And Claws||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Our Brother The Native||Added:||12/2006|
|Add Date:||2007-03-25||Pull Date:||2007-05-27|
|Week Ending:||13 May||6 May||22 Apr||15 Apr||1 Apr|
|1.||May 10, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
Introduction - Welcome To The Avery
|4.||May 03, 2007:||The Adventurer's Choice |
|2.||May 09, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|5.||Apr 18, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|3.||May 08, 2007:||Into The Nada |
|6.||Apr 17, 2007:||Into the Nada |
Our Brother the Native – Tooth and Claws|
Freak-experimental-folk. I don’t like agreeing with distribution copy but they do sound exactly like the kid brothers of Cocorosie and Animal Collective – noisier, free-flowing, circuit-bent campfire songs. Amazing how much vocals sound like cocorosie given that they’re boys, though they are 16, 16, and 18. No FCC. Picks 6, 7, 12
1. Creaky quiet almost combo screamo-and-kid-sing-along, accordions.
2. Lots of Bird singing, acoustic guitar, weird vocals. Some tambourine.
3. Samples children talking, more quiet vocals and acoustic guitar. Boys or girls. Twangy over the top are they serious faux-folk. Echoey high-pitch hard to understand singing. Lots of delay effects, quiet noises toward end. A Weird party at the end
4. Very pretty. Crackly dusty record sounds. Falsetto singing. Chorus. Piano
5. Background mumblings and violin, electronics, guitar and harmonica talky-singing. Piano and rounds.
*6. Postrocky echoey GYBE! guitar in the background w/ piano, with cocorosie-ey vocals.
*7. Watery crackly electronics, camp-folk singing. Straight singing; Here can hear the youth – awkward but cute. “She told me she loved me, I love you too” / “I’m going to marry you”
8. Back to the weird unintelligible falsetto Cocorosie vocals and strings. Birds chirping, background vocal samples. Some quiet drummer boy Parade drums.
9. High crooning, 6 year old birthday party sounds. Small clanking and quiet singing. Something about Octopi. Then some sampling electro-noise and background chatting.
10. Nature speechifying and acoustic guitar, and church singing and blip-boops.
11. Some of the same sorts of singing and re-sampling of that singing and accordion.
*12. Laser sampling of toys! Slower or maybe sprawling instruments, and straight under-the-breath singing.
|1.||Introduction - Welcome To The Avery||7.||Tilia Petiolaris|
|3.||Falconiformes||9.||Nautical Spirits - Welcome To The Aquarium|
|5.||Welcome To The Arborary||11.||Sepiidae|