|Archie Bronson Outfit / Derdang Derdang|
|Artist:||Archie Bronson Outfit||Added:||12/2006|
|Add Date:||2007-03-18||Pull Date:||2007-05-20|
|Week Ending:||6 May||29 Apr||22 Apr||8 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar|
|1.||Thu, 06 Sep 07:||Riina & Murray|
|4.||Thu, 19 Apr 07:||Riina & Murray|
|2.||Thu, 03 May 07:||Riina & Murray|
|5.||Sat, 07 Apr 07:||Boo Radley|
Biff Bang Pow
|3.||Thu, 26 Apr 07:||Riina & Murray|
|6.||Thu, 05 Apr 07:||Riina & Murray|
Retro psych/blues rock. Male vocals are desperate/fraught/passionate in turns. Lyrics desperate, passionate, erotic, & poetically literate. Music driving, intense, and hypnotic. Second full-length from this art school UK trio. Evokes '60s garage and psychedelic blues (lots of fuzzy tremolo guitar), but these guys must be fans of Faust as well: there's a strong, juicy element of Dada transgression here. I expect they also dig The Smiths, favoring hypnotic passion over melody. Easily one of the best rock records of 2006. Play with Cream, Faust, 13th Floor Elevators, Redlorry Yellowlorry, The Make Up, The Smiths. FCC indecent: 6. You can't go wrong but Start with 1, 4, 5.|
==> 1. Intense song about "your big fat cherry lips." Starts with noisy guitar; slow fade.
2. Starts with big-interval guitar figure and manic "la la's" very reminiscent of Faust. Garage blues love song. Wonderful. Multiple-spurt ending.
3. Mid-slow passionate ballad. Picks up intensity as it goes. "Five is the punching fist that's within me. Six little stiches threaded through my heart. Seven tiny reasons tearing us apart." Starts with big psych drums.
==> 4. Intense song about "your eyes." Includes a tasty no-wave jazz break in the middle. Ends cold.
==> 5. Mid-tempo garage disco. "I am a deep sea diver. I'm gonna dive down on you." Starts with drums and spacey guitar plinks. Fades.
6. FCC indecent. Lots of tremolo fuzz guitar. Starts with musical tension that builds throughout song... sort of how Spoon sometimes does that. "I suppose we're modern lovers. We meet and fuck and don't hear each other." Ends cold but tremolo guitar continues for a couple of beats.
7. Swaying psychedelic blues. Pretty counterpoint female vocals. Fades.
8. Dance garage with tambourine and strong beat and melodic chorus. Starts with just guitar and tambourine. Ends with loud drums.
9. Mid-slow, noisy, intense romantic plea with lyrical references to track one. "Come down girl, try and understand all about this Dang Derdang Derdang." Ends cold.
10. Mid-slow noise ballad that gets fast halfway through. Ends cold.
11. Voice and guitar lullaby denouement.
|1.||Cherry Lips||6.||Modern Lovers|
|3.||Dart For My Sweethearet||8.||Jab Jab|
|4.||Got To Get (Your Eyes)||9.||How I Sang Dang|
|11.||Harp For My Sweetheart|