|Lord Mike's Dirty Calypsonians / More...|
|Artist:||Lord Mike's Dirty Calypsonians||Added:||01/2007|
|Label:||Jump Up! Records|
|Add Date:||2007-01-07||Pull Date:||2007-03-11||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||11 Feb||4 Feb|
|1.||Mar 13, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|3.||Feb 03, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Drunk & Disorderly
|2.||Feb 10, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Lord Mike’s Dirty Calypsonians – More… (Jump Up!)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/1/07
High-spirited and innuendo-laden calypso from Chicago. Big band with excellent musicians, lots of horns and percussion. Not a very long record (a bit of a one-trick pony, really), but all cuts have a nice beefy danceable sound and all the entendres are double.
I like track 8 best, but I am a bit of a drinker, after all…
1. 3:18 **big fat congas, starting softly and building for 30 seconds. Somewhat uptempo calypso with big horns.
2. 3:46 **midtempo very swingy groove with tinkling piano, fun “live fast, die young” lyrics.
3. 4:06 **slightly downtempo Afro-Cuban tinged mambo with silly, extremely innuendo-laden lyrics.
4. 4:34 **nice hand percussion intro, big midtempo cha cha cover of the calypso classic. Lots of nudge nudge wink wink, nice sax solo.
5. 3:18 **uptempo carneval-parade vibe. Some very nice percussion mid-song.
6. 4:04 *somewhat uptempo calypso, innuendo.
7. 3:35 *uptempo calypso with nice percussion and actually less obvious innuendo than you’d think.
8. 4:25 ***uptempo calypso, nice straightforward lyrics. Several seconds of yelling and burping at end, but it’s still a hit…
9. 2:54 *starts with random restaurant noises, then guitar-based calypso. Lots of singing, no horns and drums. Still quite good.
|1.||Village Ram||5.||Rusty Sink|
|2.||Sweet Lord Mike||6.||Rub My...|
|3.||Dr. Mike||7.||Sell The Pussy|
|4.||Big Bamboo||8.||Drunk & Disorderly|
|9.||Secret Bonus Track|