|Burial Year / Pestilence|
|Artist:||Burial Year||Added:||Jan 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-01-07||Pull Date:||2007-03-11||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||Mar 11||Mar 4||Feb 25||Feb 18||Feb 11||Feb 4||Jan 28||Jan 21|
|1.||Sep 12, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|4.||Mar 10, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
|2.||Jul 14, 2007:||Cognitive Overload |
The Law Of The Tooth And The Fang
|5.||Mar 07, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|3.||Apr 18, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
|6.||Feb 28, 2007:||Baptism of Solitude |
BURIAL YEAR – “Pestilence” CD (Alone)|
Amazing local heavy metalcore. They have a huge, dual guitar, lurching, pummeling sound. Two guitars, lots of different speeds including full on blasts, and gruff, almost understandable vocals. The band includes former members of TAKARU, A LIGHT IN THE ATTIC, and BULLETS IN. They have a bit less of a hardcore sound than TAKARU had with more double bass drummed speedy parts and slightly more metalish riffs.
1. A very rock riff that repeats. Then they go full speed with some metal riffs. A number of speed changes including some slow groove parts.
2. Medium pace with some simple chugging guitar sounds.
3. Very heavy and more metal sounding with a big chugging breakdown.
**4. A quiet beginning into a heavy pummeling. The middle of the song is chaotic and noisy.
**5. Fast and metal. Wow.
6. Discordant guitar beginning but a more melodic track overall. Noisy breakdown.
**7. Guitar riff galore, into a full speed somewhat minimal but heavy sound. A scream of “Go” into a fast simple riff. The track slows down but keeps it heavy for the last minute.
8. Dark, quiet, guitar at the beginning into a slow lurching sound. The track does speed up.
**9. Fast and a bit like track 5. Ends with feedback.
10. Slow pace to begin, the longest track with the most different sounds.
Great stuff! -mph
|2.||White Wash||7.||The Law Of The Tooth And The Fang|
|5.||Pogrom||10.||To Give A Face A Name|