|Cansei De Ser Sexy / Css|
|Artist:||Cansei De Ser Sexy||Added:||01/2007|
|Label:||Sub Pop Records|
|Add Date:||2007-04-08||Pull Date:||2007-06-10||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr||22 Apr|
|1.||Fri, 16 Jan 15:||Friggz & Scout|
|4.||Wed, 24 Nov 10:||tony echo*|
panic! at ze disco
|2.||Tue, 15 Apr 14:||Mr. Esquire & The Terrahist|
|5.||Wed, 27 Oct 10:||tony echo*|
|3.||Sat, 03 Aug 13:||La Ventana|
|6.||Tue, 31 Aug 10:||tony echo*|
Cansei De Ser Sexy: CSS (Sub-Pop)|
Brazilian dance punk. Punk female shouting/rapping vox, but not quite riot girl, w/ some male vox interplay. Melodic (post-punk?) rock guitars, primitive synth, dance beats, some electronic effects. Simple lyrics, guitar hooks, and beats, but the whole package works pretty well. The scrappy feel makes the punk aesthetic convincing, despite the fairly elaborate compositions. Lyrics sometimes a little awkward, but casual, cool delivery makes vox work. Music has aggressive, but not hostile, attitude. Fun, easy to like album…but be wary of incidental + flagrant FCCs. Play #2, 4, 8 if FCCs matter. If you are in safe harbor, play #10, 2, 4; FCC #5, 6, 7, 10, 11
1) 1:56 - peppy dance punk. Repeated sample spelling s-u-x-x. shouting female vox then enters, singing same thing.
2) 2:18 – midtempo rock. Happy, catchy, simple, melodic, post-punk guitar riff. Repetitive punk female vox. some call+response w/ male vox+compressed female vox.
3) 3:58 – dance beat. Funky synth bass melody. Sassy female vox. Bits of rapping in chorus. Some Portuguese(?) singing.
4) 3:31 –disco dance beat. Quick female dance vox. Electronic blip beat. Guitars come in occasionally. Thereminish female vox in background Cool feel.
5) 3:09 – rock. starts w/ guitar feedback. pulsing heavy guitar, compressed female vox, scratching. bleeps. FCC b**** and kinda explicit lyrics.
6) 4:02 –dance song. synth melody line + primitive electronic bass. Vox sometimes distorted. Rising, fluttered electronic beats. Some guitar and bass. FCC f***off
7) 3:11 –aggressive dance beat counteracted w/ fragile chime tones/synth. Breathy vox. Some guitar. FCC b**** (every few words)
8) 2:40 –midtempo rock. Warm, but punky guitar melody. Splashy cymbals.
9) 2:49 – Kiddy song feel. syncopated beat. Female + male vox. Harmonica, synth. Handclaps.
10) 3:07 –dance song; starts w/dark guitar melody that comes back. Pop-dance beat. 80s dance synth. FCC s***, b****es. Cool song, despite clunky lyrics. English + Portuguese.
11) 3:57 –disco beat, w/post-punk guitars. Sassy pop vox, w/ some backing. FCC s***
|1.||Css Suxxx||6.||Fuckoff Is Not The Only Thing You Have To Show|
|2.||Patins||7.||Meeting Paris Hilton|
|3.||Alala||8.||Off The Hook|
|4.||Let's Make Love And Listen To Death From Above||9.||Alcohol|
|5.||Art Bitch||10.||Music Is My Hot Hot Sex|
|11.||This Month, Day 10|