|Excepter / Alternation|
|Label:||5 Rue Christine|
|Add Date:||2007-04-22||Pull Date:||2007-06-24||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||13 May||6 May||29 Apr|
|1.||Dec 22, 2010:||mini-panic |
|4.||Jun 07, 2007:||The Adventurer's Choice |
|2.||Nov 10, 2010:||panic!##! |
|5.||May 31, 2007:||Finneman's Market |
|3.||May 20, 2009:||Signal to Vroom |
|6.||May 24, 2007:||408's Finest |
Excepter: Alteration (5RC)|
Arty/slacker electro. Apathetic/soul vox muffled low in mix, occasionally in neo-tribal vein. Simple drum machines and old school synth. Lots of electronic squiggles and goodies shuffling about in background. “Songs” in an IDM, rather than pop, sense. Not a whole lot happens in each track, but the whole album has a definite cool feel. Lounge-y at times. Slow beats, low energy. A contrived apathy/coolness. No Fccs. Mic break music? Order of preference: #1, 9, 6, 3, 10, 4, 11, 2, 8, 5, 7
1) 6:02 –starts w/ sad synth melody. Driving dance beats. Dark mumbling vox, but upbeat synth melody. lyrics to “do your ears hang low?” at one point. Upbeat and cool, but melancholy…
2) 5:20 –starts w/ erratic eletroc-beat, which then gets regular. Lo-fi synth. White noise/guitar crash samples. Unsettling xylophone taps. Dark, moaning vox. Ends w/ swirling noises.
3) 6:45 –funky beat w/8-bit tones. Monotone slacker rock vox. Feels lengthy
4) 1:58 –simple, slow, mid-tempo beat. Minimal vox mumbles. a little synth. Drone crescendos.
5) 7:17 –starts w/odd vox sample. Cheesy synth crescendos, simple drum machine beat. Muffled vox. Ends with cool distorted synth weirdness.
6) 5:00 –quicker beat. Sick bell synth swirls, robot buzzing, reverb lo-fi vox. Buzzings slowly get more intense.
7) 1:40 –sounds of someone beating on pipes in a basement somewhere.
8) 6:31 –kinda dark sounding. Med tempo beat plods along. Tense synth.
9) 6:12 –laid-back organic, hollow beat. Sample shufflings low mix. Kinda mysterious beeps. Laid-back scat singing + mumbling. Cool…
10) 8:46 –simple synth beat. Builds w/ more pieces (synth melody loops, drum machine beats, vox whispers). Heavy reverb vox groans hover behind tinny casio melody.
11) 9:53 –mechanical beat; sounds like funky assembly line. Cut-up vox samples. Tinny video-game melody. Beat decays at end.
|1.||Icecream Van||6.||Whirl Wind|
|3.||The "Rock" Stepper||8.||Knock Knock|
|4.||The Ladder||9.||Apt. Living|
|5.||If I Were You (Live)||10.||Op Pop|
|11.||Back Me Up (Show)|