|Dillinger / Dillinger|
|Label:||Dressed To Kill|
|Add Date:||2007-01-21||Pull Date:||2007-03-25||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||11 Mar||4 Mar||25 Feb||11 Feb||4 Feb||28 Jan|
|1.||Mon, 07 Oct 13:||Shineymic|
|4.||Tue, 03 Aug 10:||Mason Smith|
|2.||Sat, 04 Sep 10:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|5.||Tue, 23 Dec 08:||Sadie O.|
Negro Thump Music
|3.||Fri, 06 Aug 10:||Mason Smith|
Subbing for Ranger Rick & Trent
|6.||Thu, 21 Feb 08:||Sunshine|
Sunshine ... on a Post-Birthday Afternoon
Dillinger – Dillinger (Dressed to Kill)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/13/07
The guy who invented crazy Jamaican toasting. You want complete lunacy, we got it right here. Much of his schtick has to do with cocaine and crab lice, but he manages to skirt actual FCC violations. The music is lots of fun – usually dubby skank, often (as track 3) with some seriously funky overtones.
No FCCs, although he doesn’t skirt the issues! I like 1, 3, and 5 – but all are gonzolicious.
1. 5:13 ****midtempo stepping razor skank – his big hit, different mix, new vocals (same lyrics). Dillinger carries out a conversation with himself. Truly nutty stuff.
2. 7:42 **short spoken intro, midtempo dub with a bit of singing, really nice music and dub, repetitive lyrics, but so what?
3. 5:52 ****”It’s Funkey Punk!” midtempo funky bubble, great bloopy keyboards and crazed vocals. I dare you not to at least crack a smile…
4. 3:42 **slightly downtempo dubby skank over a Leroy Smart track, absolutely insane toast about getting venereal disease.
5. 4:50 ****electronic weebles intro, into a sweet downtempo rock steady dub – very dubby and completely insane toast, including a few words from Barnabus Collins….
6. 4:13 **live downtempo bubble with sweet Gregory Isaacs hit, only a bit of Dillinger (so it’s actually not completely insane)
7. 2:35 *random midtempo dub – horns seem to be the only thing we can rely on, although they don’t have much to do with the rest of the music. Nuts!
8. 2:57 ***Nuts! Somewhat uptempo dubby skank, with wacked out keyboards and completely over the top toast.
9. 3:11 **another conversation with himself, but rather downtempo dub skank, suitable to the drug of choice this time.
|1.||Cocaine In My Brain||5.||I Thirst|
|2.||Jah Love||6.||Loving Pauper|
|3.||Funkey Punk||7.||Flat Foot Hustlin'|
|4.||Micky Mouse Crab Louse||8.||Crabs In My Pants|
|9.||Marijuana In My Brain|