|Crack Village / Children Of The Wrong God|
|Album:||Children Of The Wrong God||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Make Some Noise Records|
|Add Date:||2007-02-04||Pull Date:||2007-04-08||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||8 Apr||1 Apr||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||25 Feb||18 Feb||11 Feb|
|1.||Mon, 27 May 13:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC on Memorial Day)
|4.||Mon, 27 Aug 07:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|2.||Thu, 23 Oct 08:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|5.||Sat, 07 Apr 07:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
|3.||Mon, 07 Jan 08:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|6.||Sat, 31 Mar 07:||Sadie O.|
New World Disorder
Crack Village – Children of the Wrong God (Make Some Noise)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/23/07
Electronic hip hop/dance from the UK with a female singer and two male rappers. Great beats, really interesting lyrics (often quite funny, as is the UK hip hop style) – and FCC violations on pretty much every song, so I’m making a clean copy. I think it’s terrific, so it’s worth the effort.
DON’T PLAY THE ORIGINAL DISK!! I love track 6, tracks 3 and 4 are excellent, all tracks are damn good.
1. 3:50 **starts with electronic bleat, bits of instruments come in gradually, resolve to bouncy midtempo riddim after several seconds. Female vocals, male English-accented rap.
2. 1:39 **midtempo minimalist bounce, male rap.
3. 3:15 ***midtempo syncopated beat, fun rap
4. 3:18 ***uptempo butt wiggler with lots of fun noises, turns really loud and frantic, great female singing, male rap – strong lyrics.
5. 4:23 **electronic and horn squeaps, then piano and pretty singing, then midtempo hip hop riddim, winds up rather ethereal
6. 3:14 **** dramatic horns, fat riddim, hard political vocals.
7. 3:24 ***funky midtempo beat, nutted rap (not as pretty an FCC cleanup job as I’d have liked…)
8. 3:35 **very slow march beat, pretty female singing, rap about the music biz, long ethereal ending.
9. 2:08 ** talking and electronics, midtempo beat comes in and out. Crucial stuff, but I had to go to extremes to clean the zillions of “fucks” so it don’t sound real slick, sorry…
10. 2:42 *downtempo beat, takes a few seconds to come in. All about sex, although not graphic.
11. 4:42 **slow hip hop beat with jazzy trumpet, beat comes and goes (a couple bits of silence, too), fun rap about rhythm.
12. 4:34 **slow electronic beat with female vocals, then high speed manic beat with rap and singing. First bit contains naughty and suggestive material!