|Solter, Scott / Canonic: Scott Solter Plays Pattern Is Movement|
|Album:||Canonic: Scott Solter Plays Pattern Is Movement||Collection:||General|
|Artist:||Solter, Scott||Added:||Jan 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-04-08||Pull Date:||2007-06-10||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Jun 10||May 27||May 13||Apr 29||Apr 15|
|1.||Jun 03, 2007:||public noize racket |
Interlude No. 3
|4.||May 10, 2007:||The Adventurer's Choice |
|2.||May 21, 2007:||Something about music |
|5.||Apr 27, 2007:||408's Finest |
|3.||May 11, 2007:||408's Finest |
|6.||Apr 14, 2007:||where has my little dog gone? |
Pattern is Movement/Scott Solter: Canonic (Hometapes)|
Electronic remix of Pattern is Movement album Stowaway by producer Scott Solter. Insert says Solter physically trashed the tapes of the original to create weird effects (but I can’t really hear much of a rock album underneath this myself….). IDM w/ scattering of rock samples. Lots of incidental bleeps, bass tones, rock samples. Standard dance synth lines; oodles of moog effects. Cool use of white noise over simple loops. Play #5, 1, 11, 12; No Fccs.
1) 3:05 – starts w/ ambient noises + percussion; slow IDM beat; piano melody + ethereal pop male vox.
2) 3:16 – starts w/ light beat. Then ethereal wisps crescendo across the piece. Cool guitar samples + creaky effects. Neato, but doesn’t really go anywhere.
3) 5:05 – starts w/ string “shimmers”; organic white noise pulse; glitchy, messy beat starts around 2:14. ethereal synth. Gets faster.
4) 0:49 – atmospheric, reverby interlude.
5) 3:41 – moody, aggressive beat. Cool glitchy beat + organic percussion/guitar samples. End heavy w/ synth strings.
6) 6:09 – white noise layers underneath stark industrial percussion. Cool organ and flute samples. Simple dance beat gives structure to waves of ambient white noise. Beat drops out with 1:10 left, leaving drone.
7) 1:04 – short interlude. Distorted synth strings. Dark…I don’t like this place.
8) 2:49 – dark, hollow beat w/ spurts of electronic static. Glitchy shuffles in the shadows. Random incidental noises in the background.
9) 4:11 –tremolo, stuttering glitchy electronic melody. Rising and vanishing guitar distortion tone. Reverby rock vox samples. Aggressive dance beat. Electronic white noise buzzing. Faux-disc skipping.
10) 0:26 – quick, quiet interlude with piano rumbles.
11) 3:01 – distorted ethereal human vox samples. Super-compressed vocal line. Steel drum + banjo melody loop? Catchy. Glitch beats + moog effects.
12) 3:24 –backwards instrumental melody loop over high pitch tones. Incidental bass, treble tones. Cool buzzes of electronic white noise get louder near end.
|1.||Blanched And Threshed||7.||Interlude No. 2|
|2.||In Tape Grass||8.||Diamond Back|
|3.||Wire Cloth||9.||Abrade The Beat|
|4.||Interlude No. 1||10.||Interlude No. 3|
|5.||Witkin Dub||11.||In Glasstone|
|6.||Grimes Cutup||12.||The Memory Of In Or Out|