|Katchafire / Slow-Burning|
|Add Date:||2007-01-28||Pull Date:||2007-04-01||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||25 Feb||18 Feb||11 Feb|
|1.||Mon, 02 Jul 18:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|4.||Mon, 06 Aug 12:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
|2.||Sat, 28 Mar 15:||The Shiney One|
Emergency Crew part 1
|5.||Mon, 15 Aug 11:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC)
|3.||Mon, 27 May 13:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
Happy Hour (Coverin' for PACC on Memorial Day)
|6.||Mon, 18 Apr 11:||Farmer Flap-Jack|
Katchafire – Slow-burning (Mai Music)|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 1/24/07
Sweet roots rock reggae from New Zealand. Appears heavily influenced by Steel Pulse, which is a great place to draw from… As with their previous record, the creamy goodness factor (and poppiness) varies widely, but when it’s good (like track 7) it’s REALLY good.
No FCCs detected. Follow the stars…
1. 5:16 ****pretty slightly downtempo roots skank, classic sound, cool horn section, nice harmonies.
2. 4:02 *downtempo bubble, love song, rub-a-dub stylee. Not my usual cuppa, but not bad.
3. 4:46 ***downtempo lover’s rock bounce. Relaxed and pretty, lovely horns.
4. 4:18 *somewhat downtempo skank, love song, sweet and fairly poppy. Bit of dub.
5. 2:51 ***slightly uptempo classic rock steady. Love song, but great classic sound.
6. 4:26 ****very downtempo (sucky) intro, then midtempo roots rock skank, VERY reminiscent of Steel Pulse.
7. 4:20 *****downtempo skank, great keyboards – excellent sound. It’s a hit!
8. 4:19 **rather uptempo bouncy bubble. Bit of dub and toast.
9. 3:12 *slightly downtempo relaxed bubble – original of track 2, pleasant love song.
10. 3:12 midtempo pop pretty stuff
11. 3:38 ****midtempo Latin-based skank. Minimalist instrumentation, but really nice guitars and riddim. Bit of toasting. Ends way short.
12. 4:30 **downtempo rather random dub of track 6
13. 5:07 ****midtempo, dub of track 7. Nice bass and guitar bits.
14. 2:58 ****slightly uptempo bubble version of 1, completely different lyrics, bit of toasting, altogether better.