|Jaffe, Sara / Salt & Water|
|Album:||Salt & Water||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Cherchez La Femme|
|Add Date:||2007-01-28||Pull Date:||2007-04-01|
|Week Ending:||25 Mar||25 Feb||18 Feb||11 Feb||4 Feb|
|1.||Aug 02, 2010:||Happy Hour |
|4.||Feb 19, 2007:||Happy Hour |
|2.||Mar 20, 2007:||At Your Local Dive |
|5.||Feb 14, 2007:||a sound escape |
|3.||Feb 20, 2007:||At Your Local Dive (Snowblink performs live) |
|6.||Feb 06, 2007:||At Your Local Dive |
|Elias (Dr Furious)|
Hauntingly beautiful, singer-songwriter ballads by local guitar fiend and post-punk goddess Sara Jaffe (yeah the one who left Erase Errata to move to Africa; I guess it was grad school instead). Debut solo EP features drone-y, acoustic guitar ballads with pretty vocals, life-reflecting/introspective lyrics and discrete pulsating instrumentation (eg. banjo, kalimba, bowed bass). Think Will Oldham/Bonnie Prince Billy (Palace Brothers), Pattie Smith, Ida, and your next door lady singer-songwriter whoever that might be.|
Play: 4, 3, 1
1. Will Oldham-like. Repetitive guitar drone. Awesome piano break around the 3 min mark. Break reminds of Edith and Archie Bunker doing an All in the Family show tune.
2. Lyrically observing and reflecting. From weather to society.
3. Folky with loud melodic chorus! Some rocking guitars too. Sounds like an Irish folk tale.
4. Intensely dark and infectiously “angular”? Incredible sound due to bowed bass, kalimba, banjo and percussives! Love this.
5. Catchy… familiar guitar keys and predictable vocal melodies and progressions.
|1.||Walking Tour||3.||Heron's Head|
|5.||Salt & Water|