|Mcauley, Oisin / Far From The Hills Of Donegal|
|Album:||Far From The Hills Of Donegal||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2007-02-18||Pull Date:||2007-04-22||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||8 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar||11 Mar||4 Mar||25 Feb|
|1.||Nov 02, 2016:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|4.||Mar 20, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
|2.||Apr 03, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Lover's Ghost/ Maud Miller
|5.||Mar 13, 2007:||At the Cafe Bohemian |
Moneymusk/ The Spey In Spate
|3.||Mar 28, 2007:||Old New Borrowed & Blues and then some...special guests James C and Chris B |
|6.||Mar 13, 2007:||Storytime! Potpourri |
Great Irish fiddle music on a debut solo recording (previously he’s recorded with the band “Danu”). Celtic music from Ireland, Scotland, Brittany, and Canada. Joined by guitar, cello, flute, accordion. All instrumentals. |
*1. Bright & fiery set of reels. Expertly played, toe-tapping.
2. Two midtempo jigs w/snarling uillean pipe.
3. Set of dances w/varying tempos. Duet for guitar/fiddle. Sweet.
4. Slow & romantic w/programming in the background.
*5. Toe-tapping set of jigs for fiddle/guitar/accordion.
6. Tripping, midtempo contemporary folk from Brittany. Cool.
*7. Fun, old-fashioned hornpipe/clog set. Midtempo & bouncy.
8. Midtempo waltz featuring nice interplay between performers.
9. Set of folk dances, starts mid, picks up a bit. Nicely played.
*10. Slow air/reel set. Sad & really lovely then nostalgic.
11. Flute/guitars blend for two dance. Midtempo, picks up.
*12. Fast. A Scots classic then another upbeat dance. Fun.
13. Fiddle/pipe duet on a slow air. Haunting.