|Saba, Reina / Hey Arriba!|
|Artist:||Saba, Reina||Added:||Feb 2007|
|Add Date:||2007-03-04||Pull Date:||2007-05-06||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Apr 22||Apr 15||Apr 8||Apr 1||Mar 25||Mar 18||Mar 11|
|1.||Jul 12, 2011:||Music Casserole |
|4.||Apr 20, 2007:||Around the World: No Cover, No Minimum. |
|2.||Dec 18, 2010:||Music Casserole |
|5.||Apr 17, 2007:||3:00 AM till 6:00 AM |
|3.||Jul 11, 2010:||Emmett's Hour |
La Tocadita, Oaeo
|6.||Apr 14, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Saba, Reina – Hey Arriba!|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 3/3/07
Carneval Samba, Cumbia, Reggaeton, and everything in between – from Gabon, by way of France! Yes, the world is getting smaller, and we’re getting to shake our butts like crazy because of it. Lots of big, killer beats on this CD, and the combination of slick electronics and hand instruments is as inscrutable as the combinations of different Latin dance music styles.
All in Spanish – no FCCs that I noticed. Nothing really hit me as THE killer track, and nothing I didn’t like. Go on and dance, children!
1. ***big midtempo Carneval drums and a bit of electronics. Time to go out parading!
2. **spirited midtempo Samba/Salsa/Cumbia. Less street and more club, but plenty of energy and joy.
3. **back to the streets, lots of Latin hand percussion, although there’s also lots of club-style effects and electronics.
4. **intro sounds crappy, but when the beat shows up after 20 seconds or so, it turns out to be midtempo Reggaeton. Lots of strings and nonsense, but the beat is so cool…
5. ***slightly downtempo Reggaeton.
6. **downbeat intro with a bit of whispering, then slightly relaxed Latin beat of some sort. Nice bit of Spanish guitar.
7. **ah, we’re back to parading! Shake your samba!
8. **slightly downtempo big parade beat – grab your mai tai, we’re going to the beach. To dance, of course, duh…
9. **it’s Disco! A bit downtempo and with a bit of Spanish guitar, but it’s unmistakably the stuff.
10. **downtempo club beat, somewhere between Reggaeton and Cumbia.
11. ***downbeat intro, interesting uptempo Cumbia version of the classic. Some killer hand percussion. A bit of male Reggaeton-style rapping.
12. **uptempo yet somehow relaxed electronic Salsa with a hint of ukulele.
|2.||La Flota||8.||Banana Pasion|
|3.||Hey Arriba||9.||El Meneito|
|5.||La Tocadita||11.||La Bamba|
|6.||Dame Tu Jaleo||12.||Salsa X|