|Pistolera / Siempre Hay Salida|
|Album:||Siempre Hay Salida||Collection:||World|
|Add Date:||2007-03-11||Pull Date:||2007-05-13||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||29 Apr||22 Apr||1 Apr||25 Mar||18 Mar|
|1.||May 29, 2007:||Happy Hour |
|4.||Mar 31, 2007:||New World Disorder |
|2.||Apr 27, 2007:||Living Souls [Pre-Baseball] |
|5.||Mar 24, 2007:||New World Disorder |
No Te Olvidare
|3.||Apr 15, 2007:||radio experiment #10 |
Algo Pa' Que Te Olvides
|6.||Mar 17, 2007:||New World Disorder |
Pistolera – Siempre Hay Salida|
Reviewed by Sadie O., 3/1/07
Regional Mexican musical styles with a bit of punk edge. Sounds like a cross between Angeleno cumbia bands and Lila Downs – despite the promo sheet, there’s llittle “indie pop rock” and lots and lots of cumbia. Female lead vocals and harmony, lots of accordion, and plenty of butt-shaking rhythm.
No FCCs detected – all in Spanish. English lyric summary is on back of promo sheet. Everything is either really good or really really good.
1. 3:17 ***female harmonizing intro for 20 seconds, then very upbeat midtempo cumbia. Great bit of drum and accordian in second half.
2. 3:17 **downtempo cumbia, swingy and easy on the ears.
3. 3:50 **very uptempo.. um… polka? With a punk attitude.
4. 3:05 ***solo female vocals intro, then uptempo merengue (I think!) anyway, it’s got a good beat and you can dance to it and it sounds good.
5. 2:21 ***fast oom-pah romp. Wheee!
6. 3:47 ***somewhat downtempo cumbia, lush and lovely.
7. 3:26 ***fast, don’t know what you call this but it’s got a nice big beat.
8. 2:41 ***midtempo cumbia, cowbells and guiro. Nice shuffle, very hard to sit still to.
9. 3:42 **downtempo and rather sad sounding… well, look what it’s about – the pain and separation of war. Very wistful…
10. 3:01 **solo female vocals and tuba intro, then really fun little bopper about drinking
|1.||No Suspires||6.||No Te Olvidare|
|4.||Algo Pa' Que Te Olvides||9.||La Espera|
|5.||Tatuaje||10.||Ne Gusta Tomar|