|Various Artists / Public Safety|
|Add Date:||2007-04-29||Pull Date:||2007-07-01||Charts:||Loud|
|Week Ending:||1 Jul||17 Jun||10 Jun||3 Jun||27 May||20 May||13 May||6 May|
|1.||Tue, 19 Apr 16:||iota|
does radio suck?
|4.||Wed, 14 Nov 12:||Lestrygonian|
|2.||Thu, 08 Oct 15:||Jessica Rylan|
What was scene?
|5.||Sat, 30 Jun 07:||the BIG CHIEF|
On The Warpath
|3.||Tue, 13 Jan 15:||Telepathic Juan|
In The Year One Thousand, Eight Thousand [W1501]
|6.||Fri, 29 Jun 07:||mike|
Baptism of Solitude
V/A PUBLIC SAFETY presented by MAXIMUMROCKNROLL CD (MRR)|
A great sampling of current punk, hardcore and crust bands from around the world. Curated by reviewers, editors and shit workers that put out one of the longest running punk and hardcore zines in the world. 26 bands covering 9 countries including a few locals (#3, #7, #15).
**1. Old school 80s hardcore sound from Minneapolis. Fucking great.
2. Raw crusty sound from Japan.
**3. One of the better current hardcore bands from the bay area. Straight forward, understandable vocals, not too heavy, early 90s sound.
4. Catchy, punk hardcore from Spain.
**5. Catchy 80s old school punk hardcore sound from Denmark.
6. Forceful repetitive punk.
**7. Short, fast, ripping, queer as fuck hardcore.
8. Straight forward hardcore from Richmond, VA.
9. Dramatic, raw, old punk vocals, lots of bass guitar, guitar solo, hardcore from Japan.
10. Punk-ish with gruff female vocals you can understand. From Austin, TX. Reminds me a bit of the AVENGERS.
11. In your face punk.
12. A bit sloppy.
**13. A different sound at the beginning of the track for this bay area band. The track starts out surf then quickly changes to their usual quick hardcore with clear understandable vocals. Slight nod to 80s hardcore.
14. Noisy, sloppy Japanese hardcore with the guitar low in the mix.
**15. Heavy, serious, political hardcore from the bay area.
16. Crusty Swedish sounding hardcore.
**17. Oh yeah. Catchy, slightly strange punk. Reminds me of the THE WEIRDOS or some other early 80s southern CA punk band.
18. Swedish crusty hardcore with gang vocals.
19. Sloppy, noisy, messy punk.
20. Almost post-punk. Punk. Clean guitar. Poppy. Female and male vocals.
21. Heavy. Vocals come in bursts.
22. Straight edge sounding with gang vocals but not sure they are straight edge.
23. Multiple vocalists from this straight ahead Canadian group. Slight old school leanings.
24. Poppy, jangly guitar.
25. Fast with lots of screaming from Israel.
26. Punk from Pain in Spanish.
Great stuff!! -mph