|Ho-Ag / Word From Pluto, The|
|Album:||Word From Pluto, The||Collection:||General|
|Label:||Hello Sir Records|
|Add Date:||2007-05-27||Pull Date:||2007-07-29|
|Week Ending:||22 Jul||15 Jul||8 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun||17 Jun||10 Jun||3 Jun|
|1.||Mon, 16 Jul 07:||MichaS|
Summer ducks 2
|4.||Mon, 02 Jul 07:||MichaS|
|2.||Mon, 09 Jul 07:||MichaS|
|5.||Fri, 29 Jun 07:||mike|
Baptism of Solitude
|3.||Wed, 04 Jul 07:||Your Imaginary Friend|
|6.||Thu, 28 Jun 07:||Riina & Murray|
HO-AG - "The Word from Pluto" CD (Hello Sir)|
Angular, dissonant, art rock that borders on prog rock and math rock. This album isn't as heavy and has more pop leanings than previous albums. Noisy, ever changing, 80s sounding synths with scratchy guitars and vocals that are mostly buried in the mix.
**1. Wonderful dissonant guitar. Bombastic, scratchy, and teases with the heaviness.
2. Guitar and keyboards on equal footing. Slight DEVO sound.
3. Not sure I like this mellow sound. Lots of bass with a simple guitar jangle.
4. Short, angular and bombastic like track #1.
**5. Faster, crazier, sassy.
6. Sythns, dancy, eventually rocks.
7. Short, tight, like LED ZEPPELIN on 45.
8. More straight ahead bombastic rocker.
**9. Bursts of keyboards and guitars interspersed with vocals and another track that reminds me a bit of DEVO. Heavy towards the end.
10. Punkish with off key vocals. Slightly bluesish riffs.
**11. Keyboards, angular guitar and mentions of geometry.
**12. All their sounds, keyboards at times, heavy at others. Busy sounding. Quiet parts with spy movie sounding sythns.
13. Lounge-y with flat singing.
OK Stuff -mph
|1.||Paint The Navy||8.||Pinhead|
|2.||Under The Maps||9.||The Straight Shaker|
|3.||Lemon Juice Or Vinegar||10.||Man The Dam|
|4.||T D P K||11.||Into The River|
|5.||Stay Home Tonight||12.||The World's Fair|
|6.||American Mall||13.||Get Peeled|
|7.||Tank War Europa||14.||The Hoodoo Sea|